Time To Grow Up

NOTE: The following image is copyright to their original owners.

Chapter 6: Time To Grow Up

Michelangelo took a sip of the tea that Misaki poured him as he shook his head after drinking it and said:

"This has a weird aftertaste"

"Most teas do have a strange aftertaste but you'll get used to it" Misaki shrugged, hiding the fact that Mikey has consumed more of the smaller dose of poison, just enough to make him ill

"Now; your brothers...I assume you all get along with each other" She asked about the turtles.

"Well, we did most of the time but..." Mikey shrugged.

"But?" The lady looks up at the unsure hero.

"I don't want to speak out against my brothers; I don't want to make them look like they're horrible and all that. They're not, they're awesome bros! It's just lately I feel like I'm not being a good kid brother" Mikey explained.

"Why do you say that?" Misaki softly questioned the turtle.

"I guess it's because I've been screwing up and making decisions that either anger or annoy the crap out of them. I mean, sure, I do tend to be a goof and prank them often to have fun and sometimes loosen them up but I never really meant to upset or hurt them" Mikey explained.

"Surely they must understand you don't mean to cause mishaps and you do try your very best, don't they?" Misaki tenderly asked the turtle, trying to pry his misfortunes open to exploit them for her wickedness.

"I don't think they do...lately I feel like I'm just an idiot to them" Mikey honestly sighed.

"Now that can't be true" Misaki shook her head. "Isn't it?"

"I don't know, maybe not but..." Mikey was lost of words on what to say.

"Tell me everything about your brothers, how do you feel like they each treat you?" Misaki sweetly pressed on the mutant turtle like a motherly figure.

Mikey look up in doubt for Misaki before she warmly smiles and said: "I will not say a word to anyone about this, you have my word"

Something about Misaki just makes Mikey feel comfortable about opening up to his feelings since he rarely speaks of them in matters of truth.

He explains how each of his brothers act around him as of late from Leonardo constantly scolding or yelling at him for the mistakes he makes and lecturing him to be better every night; from Donatello being sarcastic at Mikey's lack of intelligence and how he gets cranky at Mikey being in his lab all the time, warning him not to break anything. And lastly he explains about how he feels like Raphael just uses him as a punching bag and constantly bullying him most of the time.

The more Misaki listens, the more ammunition she receives on using Michelangelo against Hamato Yoshi and the turtles. She soon pets Mikey's head when he finishes and sighs:

"You poor dear; it sounds like your brothers don't really appreciate you, don't they?"

"I don't know; I can't be too sure if they're right about me lately" Mikey sadly shrugs.

"I feel your worries and your pain, my dear" Misaki comforted the turtles.

"How so?" Mikey asked.

"Because my sisters were the exact same as your brothers" Misaki revealed to Mikey as she explains:

"Just because they were bigger and stronger than me, they think they can boss me around and pick on me about how weak and naive I was as a little girl...My sisters never once cared for my well being and they treated me like nothing but a complete joke"