Two Months Later

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

Chapter 22: Two Months Later

TWO MONTHS LATER – NOVEMBER 26th 2017

Things have been pretty peaceful and more happier since the defeat of Misaki Towa; After the battle, Donnie stitched Mikey's stab wound up and wore a bandaged cast for a whole month, much to Mikey's disappointment that he couldn't train or go out above the surface with his brothers but thankfully he has Splinter to keep him company and the brothers do stay home half of the time.

The family explained the events to a surprised April and Casey as they are relieved and proud of Mikey for saving the family. The young turtle eventually was cheered up and moved on from his doubts of what he did to finish the villain to protect his family and for the sake of his health and happiness, the family helped him accept what's done is done for the right reasons and put the past behind them.

Speaking of putting the past behind them, since the events where Mikey's true feelings were out in the open with the family; the Hamato Clan did everything they said and more to help Mikey remember and be reminded that he is loved and accepted by his family.

Raphael didn't lose his temper much at Mikey, Leonardo was more patient and helpful with Mikey, Donatello allowed Mikey in the lab more often and guides him whenever he needed to be, and Splinter, still being the sensei to his sons, does take the time to speak more with his sons especially Michelangelo and made sure he really listens to every problem and help them as much as he could as a father he promised to be for them.

Michelangelo, much to the family's surprise, also has made progress and ever since that fight with Misaki, the young turtle has grown a little more mature than he was in the past.

Sure, he still does his pranks and jokes, limiting them to a minimum lately instead of going overboard and he takes every effort as he can to actually listen and does as he's told, even as keeping his hands to himself in Donnie's lab most of the time now. He may still be the same lovable goofball but the family can see that he's happier, calmer and better at things that he loved including ninjutsu.

As two months have passed, Mikey was finally ready to join his brothers in training since he had been busy practicing slowly with Splinter to regain his strength and confidence. He also recently got himself a new orange mask, made by Splinter himself; and a new dual nunchaku that Karai has shipped from Japan when she received a letter from her father, requesting one for Michelangelo.

"Alright, my sons; we will first start with the technique run and then each of you will spar against one another for today" Splinter informed the usual schedule of the weekly training.

"Hai sensei" The turtles bowed.

Soon they started the technique run once again and this time, Mikey was performing the same as his brothers instead of falling behind this time. When Splinter ceases the run, he paces in front of his sons and addressed them:

"Well done my sons, once again you have excelled beyond your expectations"

He then stops at Mikey to which the young turtle gulps that he may get lectured for falling behind again until Splinter adds:

"Especially you, Michelangelo; I am very impressed on how far you've come with your brothers, well done my son"

The older brothers gave out pleasing smiles at their younger brother who was surprised to hear that from his father. He wasn't sure if Splinter meant it or he was just sugar coating it so he wouldn't make Mikey feel bad.