The New Duelist Part 1

"Finally I'm here" said a sixteen years old female teenager.

Her appearance consisted of dark violet hair and greenish eyes in an emerald tone. Her outfit was a simple black top with blue jeans, black converse, and a necklace.

Her gaze wondered through the streets of Domino City. People walking around, kids running and playing around. It was a normal place like any other, that's what she thought.

"I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hard finding any duelists in here" she scratched the back of her neck with worry, but then slapped her cheeks to go back to her senses. She remembered the necklace she was wearing and smiled.

Her good mood was back, and her smile grew even more. "Well! I can't just stand here, I better go and first find a place to stay!!"

She started walking exploring the shops, restaurants, and parks. Kids were running and playing. the sun couldn't be any more brighter, and the blue sky looked beautiful as always.

"To be an unknown place for me, this place is not bad at all!"

She continued walking and then she found a shop that caught her attention. It was a game shop. The appearance was cute and simple, like any other shop, but something was telling the girl to go and check it out.

Inside, her jaw dropped in surprise as she saw different kind of games in each stand. It wasn't like video games today, they were old board games like the ones she used to play during her childhood.

She continued looking around until an old man appeared behind her. She jumped back and screamed. The old man also started to yell until the girl finally calmed down.

"God you scared me sir!" she said with her hand on her chest, trying to control her breathing.

"Sorry miss I didn't mean to!" he said giving a playful smile and scratching his head.

"Are you the owner of all these games?" she asked.

"Yes miss, we have all kind of games from the whole world here, do you want me to show you some of them?" he asked.

"Sure" she smiled.

The old man walked to one of the stands behind the counter.

"What's your name, miss?" he asked looking for a box.

"My name is Yui... Yui Asano" she responded.

"That's a pretty name for a young lady, my name is Solomon Muto, but you can call me Grandpa Muto" he said.

"Why? Isn't it disrespectful? You just met me" she asked, the man chuckled.

"I'm not into politeness miss Asano" he said.
"You seem like a nice girl, and I expect to see you around here, right?"

The girl named Yui smiled. "Neither I am, call me Yui" she said.

His expression changed when he looked at Yui's necklace.

"Is something wrong?" she tilted her head.

"No... nothing's wrong..." he said.

"Could it be...? No!... It can't be..." he thought while walking to the kitchen with Yui following, but he would try to glance at her necklace.

- - - - - - - - -

After 2 hours of Yui playing games with Grandpa Muto, she remembered she still needed a place to stay. She looked at the window noticing it was dark already. She quickly got up and started freaking out.

"Oh my god Mr. Muto! I gotta go, I was suppose to find somewhere to stay but I completely forgot about it!!" Yui grabbed her jacket and bag and ran to the door.