Our Way To The Duelist Kingdom

*The picture above is Yui's old outfit for Season 1: Duelist Kingdom*

"A duel monsters tournament? I love duels but... it's a little suspicious how this letter came to me" Yui continued rubbing her head. "I will figure this when I get home" she closed the box and ran to Kaiba's mansion.

At the mansion, she stayed in her room the whole day trying to figure out where the unexpected letter came from, including the glove and the two cards.

"What's the meaning of this? How the hell this person know me?" she grabbed the letter as she looked at every detail in it.

"It's strange 'cause you were here for a day so how can you be invited to a tournament?" her fellow voice asked.

"I don't know... I haven't even told Joey, Tristan and Anzu the fact I'm a duelist"

"This is really strange" repeated the voice, Yui nodded.

Tired of all the thinking, she changed her clothes into pajamas and went to her bed to sleep for the rest of the night.

"Do you think Yugi received an invitation too?" Yui questioned.

"Probably, if this person knows you are here then they know about Yugi" she responded, Yui kept quiet and fell asleep.

At morning, Yui did her routine, she got ready for school, brushed her hair and teeth, ate some breakfast and headed to school.

At school, she was in her sit trying to take a quick nap before the teacher come when she heard Yugi's group talk.

"A tournament in the Duelist Kingdom?" Anzu asked.

"Is that the place where Pegasus took your grandpa?" Joey asked.

Yui opened her eyes in shock. "Wait what?! Grandpa Muto has being kidnapped again?!?!?!Please he's just an elderly person, what has he done to deserve this? And who the freaking hell is Pegasus?!?!" she thought annoyed mentally.

"Probably, the only way to know is by participating...it says the ship will sail in two days" Yugi said.

"But you can't go, it could be dangerous!!" Anzu persisted.

"I have to, it's the only key I have to rescue my grandpa" Yugi said.

"I still can't believe it, Pegasus used some kind of spell to trap your grandpa's soul" Tristan said. "And now he is playing with you... trying to make you participate in his tournament" he continued.

"Your theory was right, Yugi received an invitation too" Yui thought. "I can't let him go by himself... I have to participate in that tournament too."

Two days passed, the ship towards the Duelist Kingdom was going to leave soon.

"Duelists, prepare yours stars to get in the ship" one of the managers said. Yui was waiting on the line with other participants to get in the ship and maybe finally she could have the chance to talk to Yugi.

Her outfit was something casual; a white sleeveless buttoned top, blue jeans, black flats, two black leather belts (one above her waist and the other kinda down like Yugi's), large black leather waistbands, a blue bow tied on her hair, and of curse her usual necklace.

She continued waiting until she heard the loud voice of the manager. "Only participants can be on the ship!"

"How do you know I'm not a participant?" someone replied.

Yui took a quick glance at the little argument. It was Joey talking to the manager trying to get in the ship and she could also notice Yugi running there to help him.

"He is with me" Yugi said.

"Only participants can get in" the manager said.

"But Joey does have a star!" Yugi replied, everybody, including Joey and Yui, looked at him confused.

"Weird, I don't remember Joey talking about his acceptance letter to the tournament" Yui thought.

Yugi showed his hand with a star.

"Yugi..." Joey murmured his name, without believing what he did.

"That's so sweet" Yui smiled to the tricolored teenager.

At the ship, Yui was staring at Yugi with a giant smile and flustered cheeks. At the moment she saw him laugh, her cheeks turned more reddish so she decided to look down trying to control her reaction.

"What's wrong Yui?" asked her fellow.

"N-Nothing is wrong" she responded.

"Are you sure?" asked the voice, Yui nodded still blushing.

The voice frowned for her lie. "Yui I know for your face that you are blushing"

"What?!?! No I'm not!!!!"

"Then stop the reddish tone in your cheeks!!"

"I'm not red!!!"

"Of course you are! You looked at Yugi and you started to blush- ooohhh... Yui... do you... like him?" the voice asked curiously giving a flirty smirk.

"You mean like "like"?" Yui asked.

"Uh yeah? I'm pretty sure we're both talking about 'that' kind of like'" the voice said.

"Please you have to be joking!! I don't know him, I don't even talk to him so how could I like him?" she said nervously.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" asked the voice.

"You know... to be a voice in my head, you are really into this kind of stuff" Yui sighed annoyed.

Yui looked back at Yugi and Joey and noticed they were talking to a blonde woman, she was really beautiful and she seemed really interested in Yugi by how she was so close to Yugi's face. She couldn't hold the clenching in her fists.

"Yeah you do like him" said the voice still smiling at her reaction.

"NO I DON'T!!!!" she hit the edge of the ship with her fists hardly gaining all people's attention. She turned around slowly trying to hide her face full of embarrassment.