special chapter

#LoveAnonSpecialChahahapter

J U L I E T T E

"When will you stop going to our house every Sunday?" I asked Arden. He stopped pushing the pushcart full of books that we'll buy. Paano naman, pupunta lang siya sa'min just to have chika with my mom and lola.

"Kapag naubusan na kayo ng tocino," he smiled as he patted my head. "What?" Arden softly asked when he saw me frowning at him. "Love, you allowed me to feel the love of a Lola because I never felt one before..." He stopped. "And your family is my family, too."

I laughed at his sentiments. "We're not even married yet."

Arden didn't say anything; we were standing in front of the romance books section. I was surprised when he bent his body to pick a book from the shelf.

I smiled widely when he faced a book in front of my face and read the title of it.

"Marry Me by John Updike." He softly said, still looking intently at me as if he was in front of something special.

I knew he wasn't serious. So, I immediately looked back at every bookshelf to find an interesting book title that could serve as my reply. I didn't mind how often Arden laughed at me, even though his laughter was too cute to handle.

I threw my winning smile at him when I found a perfect book on the third shelf of the romance section. It's 8 in the morning, and here we are, pretending like teenagers experiencing their first love. We went to Big Bad Wolf to buy books on sale or pretend that we were somehow smart even though for a day only—not to flirt with each other.

People were looking at us, but I didn't care—I ran at him anyway.

"Next Year, For Sure by Zoey Leigh Peterson..." I loudly said, smirking at him while showing the book on his face.

"Whom do you want to hire as a singer on our wedding ba?" Arden bit his lips as he chuckled. "Para mapag-ipunan na for once."

"Kween Yasmine," I said, crossing my arms at him.

Arden laughed hard again. I didn't wait for him to stop grinning like a baby because the people behind us got mad. Spill any sarcastic statements, for he'll laugh eventually. I encircled his elbow with my right hand while the other was on the pushcart as I pulled him away.

"Wala na ba tayong nakalimutan?" I asked him as we stood in front of the exit door. Arden raised the eco-bags full of books he carried and looked at them thoroughly. I pressed my lips together, preventing my mouth from curving into a smile again.

Halos dinala niya lahat ng binili namin. I told him that seeing him carry those heavy books would make me feel guilty. So, he bought another eco bag and placed the children's book we purchased for Toshi and Jiro. Para ngang hangin lang yung bigat.

"None po," he said as he opened the door for me.