31

"Damn," I said loudly, looking at myself in the mirror. I patted my cheeks, smiling at myself in the mirror. I moved away to sit down, looking at all the nail polish options. I could go with white or black. Trying to match my nails with my pants, I went with the latter.

Today was finally the day of the ball, and I was ready to shine. Romeo was getting dressed in his room while I was in my bathroom, painting my nails. I was going to wear a red silky shirt, sleeves rolled up to my elbows, black pants, and a black harness over the shirt.

The harness hugged my waist, going over my shoulders. I also had minimum gold glitter on my eyelids to complete the look. I looked very cute in my opinion.

One of the maids had helped with my hair, letting me use a hair mask that helped my curls look soft and bouncy. They smelled amazing as well, just like strawberries. Happily waiting for my nails to dry, I looked at my mask. 

I had a typical masquerade ball mask, white and red, my two favorite colors. I had asked Romeo to get me a mask with these two colors, so I was more than happy when I had seen it this morning waiting for me on my desk.

I didn't know what Romeo would wear, but I wasn't worrying much about it. I was sure he would outdo himself once again, as he always did. Daydreaming about my man and giddily looking at myself, I fixed my appearance before moving out of the bathroom. I went to my bedroom, jumping on my bed and waiting on my stomach.

It was almost time.

...

Four days have passed since our playtime, but my friend was still hurting. So was my ass. I sat down in the car, waiting for Romeo to hurry the fuck up and get his ass into the car. I wasn't asking for much, just for him not to take his sweet sweet time for once. 

Apparently, Nathaniel and Valentino were also going to be there, so I was more than excited to go there. It had been my dream to go to a ball since I was a little boy.

I was starting to get sleepy until I felt the car door open next to me.

"Hi, sorry I'm late." I turned my head, only to be met with an angel.

"Holy shit." My jaw dropped. Romeo, wearing a dark red suit, has a black crown on top of his head. He was wearing a very light eyeshadow that only made him look more angelic. Or devilish to be honest. It was giving me Fake Love Jungkook vibes.

He looked at me, giving the same response I did.

"You look like an angel holy shit." He held my hands, bringing them up to his hands and kissing both of them. "You amaze me each time I see you."

How could he compliment me when he was the one looking like THAT? I had no idea.

"No. It's my turn to compliment you," I began as the car started moving. I moved closer to him, cupping his cheeks and giving him a small smile.

"You're like a portrait. It's so weird looking at you. How can you be real?" I felt his cheeks heat up slightly, making me smile in pride. I had made him flustered apparently.

"Okay, okay, what an over-exaggeration. You're the pretty one here." He wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. We sat together, as close as physically possible, until we arrived half an hour later.

The ballroom was slightly far away from the palace, but I liked long car rides either way. Romeo let me listen to Doja Cat on the car radio. What a queen, honestly. I was so excited to see Nathaniel. It has been weeks since I had last seen him.