18

Romeo had left to go to his meeting, leaving me alone in his bed. I was slightly annoyed that he had left so abruptly. I wanted to watch the rest of the movie with him, but it wasn't as entertaining. I noticed lots of things about him, like the way his left eyebrow would raise up each time something humorous happened. Or when his lips would curl upwards during violent scenes. It was heartwarming to watch since I ignored the last part. I couldn't even focus on the movie as much as I had intended. When he left, he told me to wait for him and that he'd talk to me afterward about the dinner. And as promised, I was able to choose the dessert for dinner. But since I was so bored, sitting in silence and staring at the television that I had turned off, I decided to help the kind ladies with preparing it. I hadn't chosen which desert I wanted since all of them seemed appealing. I decided that I'd ask them what Romeo's favorite one was.

After taking a short nap and waking up alone, cold, I pouted and pushed the covers off, my legs dangling off the bed as I stood up. The room was noticeably colder than my own, but it felt cooling and fresh against my body. I dressed in Romeo's white shirt and my own sweatpants.

I wanted to make something that Romeo would also like. I wanted him to warm up to me more, because I had the slightest feeling that he was holding something back, acting distant. So, after exiting the bedroom and walking shyly towards the kitchen, I stood in the doorway, watching a few maids cook and wash dishes. My head was the only thing they could see as I hid behind the wall, peeking in curiously and trying to make eye contact with one fo them When they noticed me, they began to coo, asking me if I wanted anything. They dropped everything they were doing to pay attention to me. They were all especially kind towards me, which warmed my heart and encouraged me to step inside.

"Um, hi! I really want to make dessert for tonight. Master said I could have anything I want, but I wanted to help you prepare it. I also want to make something he'd also like. Any suggestions?"

An elderly lady spoke up after listening to me intently, "Master Romeo loves chocolate chip cookies. He has a very unique and exotic taste when it comes to regular food, but has a simple one when it comes to dessert. He especially loves the soft ones that melt in your mouth." I gasped, covering my mouth, thrilled, knowing that I was an expert on chocolate chip cookies.

When working at Saphr, I loved observing the way the chef made dessert. He used to make the most scrumptious meals, but his deserts were on a whole other level. They'd melt on your tongue; warm and soft like silky fabric. Excitement bubbled up in my gut, my cheeks warm as I blurted out, "I know how to make them!" My grin widened when the ladies instantly began to clear the kitchen for me, giggling at my "cuteness."

The lady smiled gently, her eyes wrinkling around the corners. Her thin lips were painted pink while the other maids had crimson lips. Their uniforms were aesthetically pleasing; a usual maid outfit with a black dress and a white apron tightened around the waist, showing off the curves of their waists. The dresses were modest and up to their calves, long-sleeved and soft-looking. I liked how Romeo made sure they were comfortable and not sexualized as some masters did.

The younger maids exited the kitchen, chatting quietly among themselves, their heads bowed shyly as they passed me by. They were all extremely beautiful. One of the girls had dark brown skin and green eyes, beautiful curly hair that she let free. Her large and plump lips were also painted red. She was the most beautiful and was the one with the kindest eyes. They glimmered when looking at me, and when she smiled, my heart melted. Amelie had been my favorite before her, but now this other girl had replaced her. She seemed to be young, about thirty or younger, and when she began to speak, I felt like I was taken care of.

"I'm Joselle, it's very nice to meet you, Christopher. Ellie and I will help you today," I smiled at her, looking at the older lady beside her.

"I'm Ellie, the oldest maid here. Romeo was like a son to me, I've helped raise him. I'm so glad that his submissive cares for him this much." Ellie's tone was soft, which reminded me of a parental figure singing a lullaby to their newborn. She spoke softly and slowly, looking deeply into my eyes.