12

I had decided that my favorite part of the palace was the fireplace. Not only was it antique and fancy, but it was also very cozy and functioned well. Curled up in front of the fireplace as the flames consumed the wood, I watched as heat radiated off the area. It was homely and made me feel like I was starring as the major role in a Christmas movie. I had a fluffy blanket draped over my shoulders and a pillow underneath my butt to keep me comfortable. 

Behind me, Master read his book quietly, his long fingers grazing the spine without noticing his great affinity towards the object. His eyes wandered across the words quickly. 

I pulled my knees to my chest and watched, my head turned away from the fireplace and towards Romeo. The light from the fire illuminated his features, his blue eyes light and dazzling. He was sitting on a comfortable chair, his legs extended out in front of him, supported by a smaller stool-like chair. He looked superior and devilish, the flames reflecting in his eyes.

"Do you need something, pet?" He asked, peering up at me without much care or focus. His voice sounded tired as if he was sleepy. 

"N-No, sir. Sorry for staring." He smirked slightly, eyes glimmering with mischief. He looked as if he wanted to ravage me in the best way possible. Just as he opened his mouth to say something humiliating, the sound of a ringtone echoed through the empty palace hallways. It was loud enough to wake the maids and servants, but Master quickly reached into his pocket and took his phone out.

With curious eyes, I looked at him as he answered the call, his face calm and draconian as if he were at a business meeting.

"Hello?" He asked, his gaze meeting mind. He curled his pointer finger repeatedly, motioning for me to come over. As I stood up, his eyes watched my every movement. 

"When?" He sounded surprised yet a small smile made its way to his lips. Once I was standing in front of him, he snaked a hand around my hips, pulling me even closer, maintaining eye contact. It was ludicrous that I'd been spilling hatred for him wherever I went only a few days ago, but now, I'd had submitted so easily and foolishly.

"That sounds lovely. We'll be there. Thank you for the invitation." He hung up, putting his phone away and looking up at me. "Kneel." Startled, I refused to move, my body frozen in spot.

"Don't make me repeat myself, Christopher," he warned, eyes flashing with intimidation. I kneeled in front of him, biting my lip. I hated the position as it added weight to my knees that weren't strong at all. The aura of dominance pervaded around him as he observed me, trying to see if I enjoyed it or not.

"We are invited to an engagement dinner tomorrow night." My eyes widened in shock. A dinner party? I had never been to one and I certainly didn't know how to act. Would they start judging and whispering about me as soon as I walked in with The Ice King? I bit my lip to refrain from complaining, shifting slightly on my knees to assuage the uncomfortable feeling.

"I'd like you to accompany me as my submissive." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to think of the possible outcomes of this decision. 

"I'd love to, Master." Romeo smiled, patting his lap, allowing me to get up from the agonizing position. I happily stood up and curled on his lap, allowing him to pet my hair.

"You really didn't let that position, did you?" 

"No, sir. It's so uncomfortable. I hate it..." I turned around the pout to try and make him consider not forcing me onto that position often.

"That's too bad then, isn't it? That's one of my favorites. Unless it hurts you or you cannot handle it, you will be kneeling often." I groaned, rolling my eyes before gasping, my head pulled back and throat stretched, exposed. Master had pulled my hair, his hand on my throat. I felt his minty breath on my ear, a whimper escaping my mouth at the pain in my head.