7. Dangerous woman

It all started when Prem announced that that day they would have Lydia as a companion, a powerful businesswoman who had been trying for some time to do business with the company, but Ohm always gave up. This time, however, the one who had proposed the partnership was Ohm and for purely financial reasons.

"That's why it's important that you behave yourself, Fluke!", Prem warned firmly.

"And when I didn't behave?", Fluke asked, showing his friend his puppy dog ​​eyes.

"Don't even try to look at me like that, Fluke! I mean it!", Prem tried to ignore the effect that look had on him, but was spared when the couple came out of Ohm's office.

"Fluke, we're going to need to go to the factory to show Lydia how it works, okay?"

"Oh, sure! Just let me just…", Fluke said approaching Ohm and fixing his tie, which was a little crooked. To reach for the accessory, Fluke stood on tiptoe and his face very close to the CEO's. It was clear to everyone there that something had been exchanged between them in those unfocused gazes.

"Get out of the way, boy! Let me help you Ohm!", Lydia pushed the boy and stood in front of Ohm who instantly changed his happy and peaceful expression for one that was scary.

"Why did you do this, Lydia?" he asked, pulling away from the woman's hands to help Fluke.

"He's just a driver, Ohm! Why do you care?", the woman asked with a displeased look.

"It's okay, Ohm! I'm okay! Let's go?", Fluke gave a weak smile, embarrassed, but he didn't want to harm the CEO and just ignored the woman's rude behavior.

On the way to the factory, Fluke noticed in the rearview mirror that while they were chitchatting, Lydia was constantly trying to touch some part of Ohm's body that was practically curled up in the seat trying to avoid the woman's advances and this made him mentally laugh. Little did he know that the day was just beginning.

The factory personnel were already used to Fluke's presence, and as they approached the conference room door, they soon cleared the path for the driver to enter with the executives, but this time Lydia stopped him.

"Why would a driver attend a business meeting?", she asked and got in without looking back.

Already used to the CEO's fury whenever Fluke was prevented from accompanying him, the employees expected the same to happen at that moment, but the driver just approached Ohm, squeezed his hand lightly and said softly:

"I'll wait outside, don't worry, ok?"

Ohm wanted to protest that, but he was overcome by Fluke's persuasion and just nodded. The contract with Lydia's company was first negotiated when the companies were still led by their respective parents. For a long time Ohm had avoided the bond because he knew of some murky details of the woman's life that was unscrupulous and unfair, but now his company needed that contract to finance the expansion it was intended for next year.

Leaving the meeting, it was lunchtime, and Ohm asked Fluke to take them to the restaurant where Prem had made the reservation. Every time the car stopped at an intersection, cut another vehicle, or even accelerated, Lydia complained about the way Fluke drove the car. The driver, for his part, tried to remain unfazed. Ohm grew in accumulated hatred.

Arriving at the restaurant, Lydia repeated the "driver shouldn't do this" sermon once more, and Fluke was eventually deprived of eating with them. This was cruel and Ohm started to protest, but Fluke stopped him once more.

"At least take my credit card and eat somewhere, okay?", Ohm asked with eyes so sweet Fluke couldn't refuse.

During the meal, Ohm kept checking his phone to see if the message had arrived from the credit card company that a payment had been made, but in vain. When they finished their meal, they returned to the car where Fluke was readily waiting.