Chapter 8 - One Step forward Two Steps Back

I am apologizing now for spelling errors. Wattpad was down and I don't want to have it happen again on me so I'm publishing without reading it over!

Enjoy!

Play the song at the top when mentioned

Lennon

Death by skateboard.

Imagine that.

Well, the guy isn't dead but from the way he was laying there with his jaw hung open and blood pooling onto the pool deck below him, he very well could have been.

Do not ask me what happened back there because honestly, I really couldn't tell you. It all happened way too fast for my brain to even comprehend. I remember the burning sensation of the board being kicked out from my hands, and it felt as if seconds later I was witnessing the guy whimpering on the ground.

I didn't expect it to be from Harry out of all people, I was shocked to see him standing in front of me, his chest heaving up and down with a feral look behind his eyes. I thought that he would've loved to see me deal with the situation myself, maybe even laugh at the tears in my eyes the moment the guy nearly spat on me.

All because I told him what I liked to be referred by.

That's exactly why I was scared the first time I had to correct Harry in the skate shop, I've had plenty of unpleasant encounters like the one that just happened forty minutes ago.

I watched Harry run off right after the fight, and I knew if I were to be the one to follow him, to check if he was okay, I'm sure he would have lost it on me. I feel like my face just makes him pissed off, I see the way he looks at me with so much resentment.

And I will never forget how he treated me last night, the harsh words he said as he left me drowning in my own thoughts inside of the bathtub.

It wasn't funny then, but it's funny now to look back at how sad I was for a solid twenty minutes, before I snapped myself out of it. Grabbing the bottle of hair dye and finishing up the horrid job he did in the mirror of my vanity, blasting Nirvana at an ear-bleeding volume to morphe my sadness into anger.

If he thinks his insults will win, he is very mistaken.

I know now that Harry and I just don't have the dynamic of being friends, which I'm okay with. It's not like I feel a loss, I never even got close with him enough to form a bond.

Yasmine on the other hand has been a great friend, she has been texting me here and there and was the one who invited me to the meet today.

Zayn could possibly be a good friend as well, but he has not answered any of my texts, which just has me assuming that he only hung out with me that night because he was wasted and needed someone to talk to.

Anyways, after that fight which Harry gruesomely beat the guys face in, Yasmine and Suki came to my side, asking if I was hurt and if I was okay. I remember Suki even trying to get a kick in on the guy laying on the ground before Yasmine pulled us both away.

Definitely not how I expected my day to turn out.

Since Yasmine had driven me, she offered to take me home but I kindly declined.

I felt as if the fresh air and walking back home would snap me out of the current daze I was in. My mind was in shambles thinking about the whole situation. Harry's board cracking down against the side of his face played on a never-ending loop in my mind. The way he spun around and glared at me afterwards like it was all my fault.