Chapter 11 - Babysitting

Lennon

I don't think I have ever seen Harry this drunk.

I thought he was pretty hammered the night he broke into my room like a freak, I also thought he was pretty hammered the day I found him shooting tequila shots down, but nothing compares to right here right now.

In the Ladies Room of all places.

The second his foot stepped into this room, the soft scent of soap and stale cigarettes turned into a wave of hard liquor and woody cologne.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned by the state he was in, his hair was deshuffled, the sea of green in his eyes was ducked down with a glossed over sheen, his face was pale as if he was going to blow chunks all over the place with a twinge of pink to his cheeks.

And I thought I was wasted.

"Great, now what the fuck do you want Harry?"

I leaned my lower back up against the edge of the counter, my hands clasping together in front of my body as I watched him sway from side to side.

It was now silent in between the two of us, both of us having a staredown in the middle of the restroom. The music was still slightly audible but muffled through the walls as the floorboards shook from the bass.

And confusion only struck stronger when I watched him glance down at his shoes, slowly shaking his head with a barely audible chuckle. His back sliding down against the worn-down stall door, sitting onto the floor.

My face scrunched up knowing his ass was now on the floor of a dingy bar washroom that probably rarely gets cleaned, but I knew he was way too drunk to care at this point.

"I hate you, " he spoke through his teeth, very quietly under his breath as his gaze remained glued onto his shoes.

Amazing!

I'm not taking anything he says personally, I don't care what he thinks about me especially in his intoxicated state.

"Jee, thanks lover boy how sweet of you, is that all? Or can we head back out?" I rolled my eyes as my foot tapped against the floor.

He scoffed, that same stupid smile pulled onto his lips as his fingers fiddled with the dirty laces of his chucks, his upper body barely able to sit straight as it swayed back and forth.

"I mean seriously, " he chuckled once again, lifting his head up but never meeting my eyes. "You- you suddenly just appear out of nowhere and just pop into our lives, and like why, you know? Why our lives, why mine? With your stupid headphones, your stupid outfits, your stupid... Stupid!"

He raised his voice at the end, a slur consuming his tone as he threw his head back out of frustration. It banged loudly against the stall, causing it to echo throughout the space.

"Is that why you nearly knocked down the door, just to spew insults at me?"

"Believe what you wish, " he rolled his tongue over the front of his teeth as he squinted his eyes in my direction. "Also you were gone way too long, someone had to come and see if you were destroyin the place some how, turns out you were just destroyin Yas-

My hand slammed down against the counter, and now for some reason, I wasn't able to keep my composure. I can only put up with so much of his shitty attitude towards me, and the fact that I believed for a second that he would be nicer to me after the movie.