Chapter 14 - Do You Regret It?

Lennon

Song - Today by The Smashing Pumpkins

So Harry forced me to set an alarm.

I'm not sure why he was so persistent about it, the entire ride back from the diner, he kept reminding me to be up early. I hate mornings, I'm not a morning person and I don't see him being one either.

I mean, it feels like a chore getting yourself to not feel like you're on the brink of death, anytime before 10 in the morning. He told me to make sure I am up at 8 am sharp and if not, he was going to climb through my window and do it himself.

So here I am, practically dragging my feet around my room as I got ready for the day. I will say it feels super weird though, last night was surprisingly civil and... Fun. Harry can be sweet as candy, I saw it with my own eyes how kind he was to Chrissy, and how weirdly nice he was being to me.

And now he wants to teach me, and I mean really teach me how to properly skate? I don't think this is Harry, this is an imposter.

I decided to go with a pair of ripped baggy jeans, an oversized black shirt and a navy flannel. It is way too early to be doing anything to my hair so I threw on a black baseball cap, turning it backwards on my head.

I grabbed my tote from off my bedpost, frantically fumbling with my pack of cigarettes and phone, tossing them carelessly into the bag in a hurry.

This is one thing I can't stand about Harry, is that he never warns you when he suddenly just pops up. He doesn't call, or text. He honks or knocks.

I cursed under my breath as I caught a quick glance of myself in the mirror, seeing as I looked the absolute worst but who the hell am I trying to impress.

With all of the fumbling and banging around as I got ready, my face scrunched up and I paused all of my movements when I heard my mom's voice and laugh, faintly beyond the walls of my bedroom. Brian wasn't here today, unless she was talking on the phone but she hates phone calls.

I swung the straps of my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my board from beside my closet, and I began to creep my way over towards my door, placing my palm and the side of my face up against it to eavesdrop on whatever was happening.

"Well, it's honestly just because it's less busy in the mornin and all, trying to teach someone how to skate in a crowded area is a fuckin nightmare."

My eyes widened and my stomach flip-flopped at the familiar voice. I knew exactly who it was just from that dumb accent and how they word things. I could hear my mom laugh, beginning to speak until panic arose in me and I swung open the door in a scramble.

The loud bang of the doorknob hitting the wall beside me forced them both to look up in my direction. My mom was standing at the entryway with her arms comfortably crossed against her chest, and I squinted my eyes when I locked eyes with Harry, stomping my way down the hallway.

"Um, hello, " my words came out hesitant as I widened my eyes at him, in a silent way of asking him what the fuck he was doing in our place.

Instead, he just stood there leaning up against the doorframe, fiddling with a toothpick in his mouth and a smirk on his lips. My eyes trailed along his body, taking in his outfit, and I wanted to slam my face against the wall when I noticed we were dressed way too similar for my liking.

"I'm surprised you're even awake at this hour, " my mom spoke up as she glanced up towards our blue walls clock. "Harry was just telling me he's here to pick you up, to go to the skate park."