Chapter 15 - Hold On Tight

I bet you thought you've seen the last of me :) hey besties we are back in business.

Sorry if it's slightly shorter than usual, I am just getting back into the swing of things.

Lennon

D.O

What the hell does that mean? And why am I so hung up on it?

D.O, D.O, D.O-

"Lennon, are you hearing what I'm saying? We gotta win this or I'm gonna rip my hair out, help me."

I sucked in a sharp breath once I finally realized where I was and that I was completely spacing out, I've been in this whole dissociative state since last night. Harry is like a fucking parasite and it pisses me off because if this had to do with anyone else, I wouldn't even give a fuck.

I appreciate Suki and Yas though, they have been really good to me, although part of me thinks they have taken me out today out of pity,or maybe that's just me and my self sabotaging brain talking.

It's October 25th, the air feels crisp with the perfect amount of sunshine to keep us warm, the strong scent of freshly spun cotton candy and deep fried everything twirled in the air and invaded our senses.

Echo Park County Fair.

The two of them literally broke into my room and dragged me up onto my feet from my bed, which I'm not sure why everyone just threw the whole "privacy" thing out the window. I've had more people creep into my room and scare the living shit out of me since I've moved here than I can count.

I never asked, but I'm assuming Harry probably had quite a bit to say when he got back home and it was probably nothing great knowing him.

I haven't been to the fair since I was a little kid, it was always a family tradition of ours, my dad loved the fair, I have very vivid memories of him hoisting me onto his shoulders to watch the fireworks at the end of the night, a mountain of stuffed animals he had won for me in my arms, some that were even bigger than me.

Considering everything that has been happening in my crazy little life, I still feel that exact same joy just being here, in the middle of this gigantic crowd of families and kids our age messing around. The fluorescent lights of the fair rides beaming down onto my face as I leaned the side of my body against the counter of one of the candy apple red gaming tents.

"Give me that," Yasmine sucked her teeth as she lunged forward, plucking the half smoked cigarette between my fingers, proceeding to toss it over her shoulder carelessly.

My jaw dropped as I watched Suki cover her mouth to hide a chuckle before clearing her throat when she noticed my eyes narrow in her direction.

"You do realize if I try and help you win this game, it'll do more bad than good I have terrible aim," I rolled my eyes as Yas completely ignored me by tucking her thick black hair behind her ears, startling me by fisting the front of my leather jacket in both hands.

My eyes widened from the sudden action, nearly losing my balance as she pulled me in close.

"I know you have that dumb boy on your mind, but get your head in the game Skyes, we are winning this stuffed rabbit."