Chapter 18 - Through the Storm

Song for this chapter - Outside by Staind

1 week later
Harry

"You need to talk to them."

Juda pestered as he skated up and down the small ramp of the skatepark. The sound of his wheels against the pavement kept interrupting my thoughts as I picked at the stickers underneath my board.

Juda and I have been putting our literal blood, sweat and tears all over the skatepark for the past week or so, preparing for the skate competition in Newfoundland.

But part of me seemed to be a bit distracted to say the least.

"Dude, are you even fucking listening to me," Juda grabbed his board, shoving it under his arm as he made his way over towards me. I was sitting on the pool deck, legs dangling over the graffiti stained pool.

"Hello?!" He began waving his hand in front of my face, eyebrows raised in frustration.

"Jesus, yes I can fuckin hear you alright?" I brushed his hand away as he sat down directly beside me with a loud huff. I hate when he does this, acts all high and mighty and thinks he knows everything.

"You should call it a day," I said nudging my head towards the side of his body, where he had gotten stabbed. He had it bandaged up tightly but the more he moves, the more the stitches pull but he's too stubborn to take it easy.

"You should call Lennon," he responded smugly with a smirk on his face. He's been on me every single day about this bullshit and if I hear that name one more time, it's not going to be pretty for anyone. "You give up way too fuckin easy Harry."

I swallowed harshly as I felt the back of my jaw ache from how hard I was clenching it. I ran a hand up through my hair out of frustration because I was having a decently good day until he decided to bring this up, for the one hundredth time.

"Lennon this, Lennon that. It seems like you miss them more than I do so why don't you reach out to them then huh?" I grabbed my skateboard in my hand as I hopped up onto my feet, staring down at Juda as he looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Look dude, it's not a secret that you liked them... like really liked them and I just think-

My eyes widened as I felted my knuckles strain at how hard of a death grip I had on my board, rings digging into my skin at the words that just came from his mouth.

"Liked them? Liked them?! God this is so," I let out an unamused chuckle as I began to walk away from him, towards the exit of the park as I shook my head in annoyance. I made it about five feet before I stopped in my tracks, slowly turning my head over my shoulder with squinted eyes.

"Wait a minute, what the fuck made you assume that I liked them? Because for the record, that is far from true they're a square, a narc, a weirdo and... and everything in between!"

Juda just stared at me with a dumb smirk on his face, which slowly morphed into a deep grin.

And now, he's laughing.

"Who are you trying to convince Harry? I think I've known you long enough, you only get defensive when you're lying out the ass."

We both just stared at each other silently for a moment with nothing else to say, because honestly I had nothing else to say about any of this. I can't believe people would even think that I would like them more than a friend, that's just disgusting. Absolutely gross, disgusting and never could be the case.

I squinted my eyes at him one last time before turning on my heel, flipping him the bird as I scuffed my feet along the pool deck.

"You know I'm right!" He called out after me as I shoved my board under my arm, sticking up my other middle finger. I pushed the gate of the skatepark opened with the side of my body, a little more aggressively than I intended.