Chapter 13 - Peace Offering

Song - Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

I wanna make one thing very clear, Zayn is not a bad guy in this book, keep that in mind I could never <3

Lennon
(2 weeks later)

Well, it has officially been exactly two weeks since chaos broke out in Harry's home. Chaos is honestly an understatement.

I can remember it so vividly, how my mind was just a fog of confusion after Harry ripped away from me after we finished up. There was a loud bang that came from the front of the home, which I then discovered was actually the front door being banged in against the wall.

Harry's reaction had looked anything but worried, if anything he almost seemed annoyed at the sudden outburst as he frantically threw his clothes back on, muttering curses under his breath.

He warned me to stay exactly where I was, and at first, I wasn't sure if he was doing it out of my protection, or he was afraid of the reaction I would have at whoever the intruder was. I was thinking maybe who knew exactly who had shown up and didn't want me to know about it.

But the moment Harry had barged out into the main area, leaving the bedroom door open just a crack, I knew the voice that began to shout through the walls sounded very familiar. I recall slowly sitting up and wrapping the sheets around my body, leaning over and holding my breath just to listen in.

It was as if I was hearing things, I knew the voice and I knew it sounded exactly like Zayn. Anyone could remember that distinctive voice, but it only confused me further remembering how much he shit-talked Harry that time we ditched the party.

I had only met Zayn once, and the vibe I had gotten was that he didn't necessarily like Harry at all, he said he doesn't even stick to groups like that he prefers to be on his own. I didn't understand, I still don't understand but I can remember the argument between the two, clear as day.

"I am not playing around with you Styles, I want it back! I've given you your time hand it over!"

"Well you're gonna have to give me more time, it doesn't fuckin belong to you!"

"Seriously? I've done nothing but give you space and time, I've given you more time than you deserve! Hand it over!"

None of it made sense to me, I mean how could it have? I don't know what they had in the past, I don't know why he was so angry, but Harry wasn't helping the situation at all with his smart remarks.

But I remember as I leaned my body further towards the crack of the door, I caught a glimpse of Harry giving him a harsh shove to the chest. Zayn had stumbled back, his head snapping towards the door and locked eyes with mine.

I felt my stomach plummet as he just stared at me through the door, a look of confusion and shock filling his features before he clenched his jaw, turning his back on Harry and storming out.

The door had slammed shut loudly behind him forcing me to jump.

That was the last time I saw Harry. I left the house not too long after, taking a cab home. He was blatantly ignoring me, acting as if I wasn't even there when dinner was finally ready. He didn't sit beside me, he never even looked in my direction. He didn't even come back into the room after Zayn had made an appearance, instead he started downing beers in the kitchen instead, sticking to Juda's side like a lost fucking puppy.