1.4

Brooke Adams

The next few days were horrible. My mum had been taken into hospital, I found her sleeping which is what I thought but she wouldn't wake up so I phoned for an ambulance and now she's in hospital lying in a coma.

Luke had Jordyn which somehow made my mind come to ease slightly. I had been here for 3 days waiting. The doctor told me she may have brain damage due to her diabetes but that sadly was the case, if and when she woke up she wouldn't be the same. She'd still be my mum.

My dad couldn't handle seeing her in hospital but she's always here, like just a few months ago she was in her with a chest infection. I know she'll be fine she'll wake up soon maybe even when I leave.

I was getting ready to leave the hospital for the night, I had stayed here for 2 nights I thought it would be best if I get back to Jordyn.

LATER ON that night, my dad woke me up at 2 in the morning saying we had to go to the hospital. I grabbed my slippers and phone.

"Please pick up" I begged as I held my phone to my ear as I patiently waited for Luke to pick

"Hello?"

"Luke thank god, I need you to come meet me at the hospital to get Jordyn. I need to leave like now but I can't wait for you to get here so please meet me there"

"Right okay calm down I'll meet you"

I quickly hung up and carefully got Jordyn out of bed, quickly grabbing shoes and a coat for her.

Once we were in the car it seemed like forever to get there. I didn't know what was going on but I'm sure I'll find out soon.

When we arrived Luke was standing outside with a tired Ashton, I had Jordyn on my hip and her head rested on my shoulder as she slept.

"Thank you so much Luke"

"It's fine, text me and let me know if your mums okay" he smiled as a passed Jordyn over

"I will" I said as I scurried off

Once I entered my mums ward all the nurses seem to look at me sympathetically. the doctor came out for the curtains where my mums bed was.

"Miss and Mr Adams, I'm sorry to tell you but Mrs Adams has organ failure, her vital organs to be correct. Her body is shutting down; the glucose thats in her blood is killing parts of her brain, I'm very sorry to tell you but we're thinking of turning her life support off" the doctor said

"What? No! I'm not giving up on her, if you turn that off I will sue your sorry ass" I shouted

"Brooke, I know you don't want your mum going through this pain love, it's time" my dad said

"No" I whimpered

"I'm sorry, doctor I think it's time" my dad said

"No, your going to kill your wife is that it? wheres Parker and Blair maybe they'll take some sense into you"

"Brooke your mother wouldn't want to be in pain and I hate seeing her this way"

I guess that's it then I'm not going to have a mum anymore, Jordyn won't have a gran, she won't see me get married or Jordyn graduate. Maybe it is time.

I nodded agreeing the could turn the machine off. We followed the doctor to see my mum, there she was still machines keeping her alive. It was time

I bent down to hug my mum one last time. " I love you mummy, I'll see you soon" I whispered and as I said that there was a flat line.

-------------------

So if you didn't know this exact thing happened to me 5 months ago and it's still fresh as a daisy but I do have a twin or a sister or daughter and my mum and dad weren't together 😪

-L x