Chapter 01 ▴ The Oracle (Part 1)

| Trigger Warning: Violence and Vulgar Language |

It was supposed to be a normal Thursday night for Amelia to spend in peace

It was supposed to be a normal Thursday night for Amelia to spend in peace. She planned to sleep a little earlier than usual-a well-earned rest after surviving a semester filled with piles of schoolwork-but Athena had to drag her all the way to downtown New York to look for someone who called himself 'the Oracle'. From what she gathered, the man had connections in the malicious underworld of illegal trade.

Amelia was too sleepy to ask why in the world Athena wanted to meet a person like him. But she was also too sleepy to stop her roommate from forcing her to tag along.

"Why are we looking for this guy, anyway?" Amelia asked as they drove to the city. "And where did you even know about him?"

The blonde gave her a side glance before looking back at the road. "I've been looking around Rhea's personal emails for the last couple of months, and she had been contacting him quite a lot of times before she got, you know. . ."

Amelia winced at the mention of Rhea's name. The lady brought up some nasty memories that happened not so long ago. But the battle that occurred wasn't the thing that made her shiver. It was the threat of a more powerful and ancient enemy that was yet to come.

"If this is about Rhea, then why did you bring me with you?" A yawn escaped Amelia's lips. "I'm an eye's blink away from dozing off. Plus, shouldn't you have brought Zeus and Poseidon instead? This probably concerns them more than it does to me."

"Don't be stupid," Athena said, rolling her eyes. "This also concerns you. After what happened in England, it concerns all of us now."

"Are you sure about that?" Amelia flashed her a doubtful look. "Because this sounds like it has something to do with family matters."

Athena's grip on the steering wheel hardened. "It's not," she said, her voice tight. "Look, I didn't tell my brothers about this yet. Zeus won't understand the importance of the situation and Poseidon is too busy with managing Olympian High. Not to mention how. . . emotionally unstable he is even until now."

"And you're not?" Amelia retorted. "You don't have to act like what Rhea did to you didn't affect you, you know."

You don't have to pretend to look normal in front of me, too, Amelia thought.

Athena, along with her brothers, was brainwashed by Rhea using Sagasitas and forced her to fight her and the Rogues. Amelia managed to get into Athena's mind and snap her out of Rhea's control, but she saw her fears in the process. She knew that facing them head-on wasn't easy for Athena. She couldn't imagine facing her own fears and still come out sane from the experience.

"I. . ." Athena sighed. "I just want to know what the Oracle has to say about Rhea. Maybe he knows something that we don't, like the reason why she manipulated us. And maybe. . . maybe he knows why Rhea took me."