Chapter 21 ▴ Hitch at Heathrow

After an unsuspecting security guard inspected through their single baggage, Amelia and Raymond hurried through the entrance of the buzzing Heathrow Airport

After an unsuspecting security guard inspected through their single baggage, Amelia and Raymond hurried through the entrance of the buzzing Heathrow Airport. The sound of female-voiced PAs over restless chatter and footsteps filled the place. People with their backpacks and suitcases queued up in the many counters to check in their items before going on to the boarding gates. Airplanes flying in and out of the airport could be seen by the tall glass walls. The flurry of activity almost made Amelia's head spin.

Thankfully, Raymond was there to guide her along. He pulled her past all the bustle and to one of the few customer service counters in the terminal, where a middle-aged lady smiled at them kindly.

"How can I help you?"

"Can we get tickets to Japan?" Raymond asked. "Like right now, in the same day? We're trying to catch up to our friends for a field trip, so we're in a hurry."

Amelia raised a brow.

The lady hummed. "Well, let's see." She turned to the computer beside her and began typing away. "There are a few incoming flights for Tokyo and Osaka. Which one would you like?"

Raymond glanced briefly at Amelia, then turned to the woman. "Um, the Tokyo one."

Why did he sound unsure all of a sudden?

"Alright," she said. "The flight to Tokyo will be in a few hours, and lucky for you two, there are some seats left. I'll need your documentations to book you in."

Before Amelia could say anything, Raymond pulled out a couple of passports from their duffel bag and gave it to the service agent, who took it with no question. Amelia didn't see those in the bag before, and she definitely didn't remember owning a passport in her life. She didn't go anywhere outside the US before she discovered she was a Chosen, and with her tagging along the Olympian siblings in their private jet for their missions, she didn't really need one.

Amelia and Raymond soon left the counter, new tickets and forged passports at hand. Raymond suggested getting themselves something to eat in one of the airport's pricey restaurants while they waited for their flight, and she didn't argue.

Amelia leaned on her seat as she took a last bite of her late lunch. They were in a food court at Terminal 2 of the airport. When she asked Raymond where he got a passport for herself—something that piqued her interest—he simply told her that it was one of his 'skills'. That made her wonder what other things he was keeping from her. If anything, they sounded interesting. . .

"That wasn't worth the money." Raymond let out an unpleasant burp. "We should've probably gotten us two business-class tickets so we could get into a private lounge with better food or something."

"Then why did you eat all of it?" she asked, gesturing at the heap of empty plates in front of him.

"I was hungry. Duh," he said, as if it explained the whole thing.