Chapter 09 ▴ Oracular Intervention

Being the last one to get inside, Athena sealed the sliding doors shut, and the van moved forward, leaving the confused spectators from the ferry terminal behind

Being the last one to get inside, Athena sealed the sliding doors shut, and the van moved forward, leaving the confused spectators from the ferry terminal behind. As the four Chosens settled at the multiple seats on the back, Amelia gazed at the young Oracle sitting at the front while working something on his laptop.

Zeus, who sat beside Amelia, tapped her shoulder. "Feeling better?"

Amelia nodded. "Yeah. . ."

"That's good," he said. "Now will somebody explain why we just rode this van?"

The Oracle closed his laptop and turned to look at them. "Good question. What the hell are you doing here in Istanbul?"

"How did you know where to find us?" Athena asked, her eyes narrowed.

The Oracle raised a brow. "I thought you all were smart enough to know that I messaged you to go to Sirkeci."

"That was you?" Amelia said. "But. . . how?"

He smirked. "I told you I have my ways."

Zeus darted his gaze among the three. "Wait, you guys know each other?"

"We met him downtown the other night," Amelia explained. "Athena knew about him from Rhe— um, Cybele's emails about him. We asked him to help us whenever he could using his, uh, skills."

Athena crossed her arms. "In short, he's a criminal from the black market."

The Oracle pouted. "Hey! I also told you I don't like to be called that."

"Wait, what?" Zeus said. "This kid is a criminal? How?"

The Oracle groaned. "Why is that so hard to believe? It's pretty believable, you know. I'm sick with life, and life gets sick of me so I become even worse."

"Why are you helping us?" Ivy asked.

"Well, I spied with my little eye that you were going to Istanbul," the Oracle said. "I figured you'll get yourselves in some trouble, and I was right. But I never thought you'd attract the Titans' attention! Of all the wrong places and time to be in, what were you thinking?"

Amelia held her breath. "Wait a second. . . so you know about them being the Titans?"

"Duh! Of course I know!" He rolled his eyes. "Do I have to spell it out again that they're one of the most notorious mafias in the world or what?"

"Huh, they're what now?" Ivy said.

They're the infamous Titan Mafia and the Titans who came from the myths at the same time? Amelia grimaced at the thought. This is not good. Not good at all.

"Tell us about them," Athena demanded.

"What else do you want to know?" the Oracle said. "I already told you the basics and stuff."