Chapter 07 ▴ Bust in the Bosphorus

Amelia burst into a sprint as soon as she realized that the two businessmen had already taken the Artifact

Amelia burst into a sprint as soon as she realized that the two businessmen had already taken the Artifact. To her disappointment, she lost them among the crowd of tourists. Panicked, she darted her gaze around to see if she could spot someone wearing a suit and holding with a briefcase.

"Where the hell are they?" she muttered to herself, panting. "They couldn't have gotten that far."

Shaking her head, Amelia continued her search but came to nothing. She finally decided to head back to the museum's main lobby in hopes of catching them there. Instead of spotting the two brothers in business suits by the exit, she found Athena, Zeus and Ivy lingering by the doors. Amelia sighed and ran to their side.

"Ames! We just got your message," Zeus said. "Are you okay?"

Athena tilted her head. "What happened? Where are the sickles?"

"They already already got them."

"What? Who?" Zeus said.

"They were two men in suits."

"And you didn't even try to stop them?" Athena exclaimed.

Amelia inhaled. "How could I if they paid the curator a whole briefcase of money?"

"They paid him with what?!" Ivy gawked at her.

"A briefcase full of cash," Amelia repeated. "I-I still couldn't believe they got it just like that!"

"This is what I was talking about," Athena grumbled. "We would've gotten it earlier if we didn't waste time roaming around like a bunch of stupid tourists!"

Her outburst caused a few people, who were ironically foreign tourists, to turn their gazes on the four. Zeus gave them an apologetic look before turning back to his sister.

"There's no time for regrets, sis," Zeus said in a reassuring tone. "What happened already happened. Let's catch those guys before they get away with the sickles."

"Um, and then what?" Ivy piped in. "You guys heard what Amelia said, those rich guys paid to get the Artifact fair and square. We can't just take it from them out in the open." She glanced at her three friends. "Look, I know that I'm new into this whole Chosen and magic items thing, but I feel that you guys aren't that desperate to get it, right? As far as I know, stealing will get us to jail. And I definitely don't want to end up in a Turkish jail and be stuck there for who knows how long."

"You're right," Athena said. "This is not like Nepal or Naples. We have to find a way to make them give it to us willingly."

"And how do we even do that?" Amelia asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could—" She paused, then looked down on something. "Just give me a second."

Athena fished out a phone from her jacket and stared at the screen for a while, her eyebrows furrowed.