After it All

After it all, Borris and Voltaire were arrested. Kevin was out of the hospital. There had been no change in Fueha's condition. Without life support, she would die. Kenny worked to repair their blades. Upon Kai's request, he was doing Drujikon first.
   "There," Kenny said, finished.
   "Don't forget to thank me," Dizzi told them.
   Kenny went over and handed Drujikon to Kai. Kai stared at it and then pulled out Drahneir. He went over and handed Tyson both blades.
   "How do you have Drahneir?" asked Tyson.
   "Saki's dead so I took it," Kai answered. "I don't care what you do with that blade. But give Drujikon to Fueha. I think it'll help."
   Tyson nodded and said, "I will."
   "Tyson?" Tsurara questioned. "May I come with you?"
   "Of course," Tyson said.

   Not long after, the two had arrived in Fueha's hospital room.
   "She's not going to make it, is she?" Tsurara asked.
   "We can't say that," Tyson said.
   "But realistically," Tsurara pressed.
   "Fueha will be fine," Tyson assured her, though he didn't quite believe it himself.
   Tyson pulled out Drujikon and placed it in Fueha's hand. He wasn't surprised but nevertheless was disappointed when her fingers didn't curl around it. So he did it for her.
   "Tyson?" Tsurara question. "What are you going to do now?"
   "I'm going to work to become stronger," Tyson answered. "You?"
   "I, I don't know," Tsurara told him.
   "Then be a blader again," Tyson told her, holding out Drahneir. "I think Drahneir wants to change."
   Tsurara stared at it for a moment and then reluctantly took it.
   "I'm so scared," Tsurara said.
   "Why?" Tyson asked her. "Saki's dead!"
   "It doesn't feel like it," Tsurara said. "And what will other people think of me? I mean, just look at me! I'm a monster!"
   "You're not a monster," Tyson denied.
   "Yes I am," Tsurara cried. "Mistress Saki always said I was nothing more than a hideous monster here to be used by her!"
   "Saki's evil!" Tyson shouted. "And she's nothing but. You shouldn't listen to her."
   "I still can't believe she lost," Tsurara said. "I'm glad she did but it doesn't seem right."
   "I think all those bit beasts were fighting against her," Tyson said. "No one can control that much power."
   Tsurara nodded. She stared at Drahneir's bit. Here was the blade of the person she hated most, and it was hers.

   "How's Fueha doing?" Max asked when Tyson and Tsurara came back.
   "Not that well," Tyson answered. "But I think now that she has Drujikon things will be better. Hey Chief? How's Dragoon?"
   "Dragoon and Dranzer are going to take a lot of work," Kenny answered. "I'm working on Draciel now."
   "Aw," went Tyson.
   "Cheer up Tyson," Ray told him. "Kenny's working as fast as he can."
   "I know," whined Tyson.

   Late that night, when all the others were sleeping, Tsurara was awake. She had to get away. There was only one place where she could be free. And that was in the world that housed Pokemon. She grabbed a piece of paper and pencil and quickly wrote 'I have to go. Sorry. Thank you for everything.' and dropped the note by Tyson. As Tsurara was leaving, Tyson woke. He quickly read the note and then ran after her.
   "Tsurara!" he shouted.
   Tsurara stopped in the middle of the hallway. She waited as Tyson came up to her.
   "You can't leave," he told her.
   "I must," Tsurara told him. "For the longest time the only thing I have ever wanted was to be free. But I can't be that here!"
   "Yes you can," Tyson denied.
   "No," Tsurara said, shaking her head. "I must go. Bye Tyson!"
   Tsurara began to run off but Tyson stopped her by grabbing her wrist.
   "Please, don't leave," he told her.
   "I must!" Tsurara pressed. "To be free, I must go!" She stopped and looked into Tyson's eyes. "You can come with me. To the world that houses Pokemon. We can go together!"
   Tyson shook his head. "This is my world," he said. "And it's yours too."
   "Not anymore."
   Tsurara reached into her pocket and pulled out Drahneir using her free hand. She placed it into Tyson's free hand.
   "I can't keep that," she told him. "It was Mistress Saki's. Maybe Drahneir wants to change, but that blade was Mistress Saki's!" She stepped closer to Tyson. "Tyson, I will miss you a lot. There was a time, when I was with you at the bottom of that canyon, that I actually felt free. But to be that now, I must go. Goodbye, Tyson."
   And she kissed Tyson quickly on the cheek and tore away and ran up the stairs to the top of the hotel. After a moment of confusion, he chased after her. But when he reached the top, she was gone

The End
To be continued...