11 | Enzo

TW: mentions of depression/self-harm/abuse

꧁꧂

I admire Lila as she peacefully sleeps in my arms. Her clean proclain skin glows from the sun. I run my thumb across her cheekbone and tuck a few loose strands of hair behind her ear. She stirrs slightly before snuggling clsoer to my chest.

After yesterday's incident, I haven't felt comfortable leaving her side. Jaxon was the heir for the Millas but we've never seen his face before. No heir to the mafia families are announced until the position is declared publicly.

I've never even seen Lila this afriad before. I wanted to rip Jaxon's eyes out and listen to him beg for his life. The fact that he was shooting at my sister and Lila enraged me. I sigh knowing I can't be in this position for longer and needed to ask Lila what her history is with Jaxon.

I continue to softly caress her cheek until her eyes fluttered open revealing her gorgeous hazel eyes.

She gives me a tired and lazy smile as her eyes struggle to stay open.

I can get use to waking her up like this.

"Good morning." She sighs

"Morning." I reply as I continue to trace patterns on her cheek.

"We have to go downstairs amore." I whsiper into her ear as I notice the skin of her neck develop goosebumps. I smirk inwardly at this.

She lets outs a soft okay before going to freshen up.

Once we are both ready, I grab her hand and walk in step with her down the stairs to be greeted by everyone already sitting on the couches.

All eyes snap up to us as our footsteps echo.

Lila stiffens beside me and I give her a reassuring squeeze as we both sit on the empty space in one of the couches.

It's silent for a moment before Lance speaks up, "Lillies, could you tell us what happened yesterday?"

Lila gets even more tense before nodding her head.

"You don't need to if you aren't ready." I whisper softly to her.

She sends me a sad smile before shaking her head and taking a deep breath.

"Jaxon is my ex-boyfriend." She begins, "I met him back in California when I was just starting out my medical school at Stanford. At first, we were fine and great friends. Eventually we started to like each other and I kept telling him I wasn't ready for a relationship because it's not for me and I wanted to focus primarily on medical school. He kept insisting everyday and I guess I felt almost obligated to because he was also the first person I opened up to about the death of my parents. My parents were murdered and to this day the police don't care about finding the murderer. So I agreed to a couple of dates and eventually we became official.