b o n u s

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Nicolas Zhi Barachi!" I yell out as he makes a dash for the front door.

I had just gotten home from looking over at patients in the medical department of the empire and overlook all the medical issues for the Barachi empire.

And currently, I have come home to Nicolas, my eldest son, making an utter explosion in the kitchen after he thought it was a great idea to make a pie except he completely forgot to close the damn oven and the thing exploded everywhere.

"MA IM SORRY!" He shrieks as he clambers over the sofas and dashes for the door.

I have my heels in hand and am running full on after him just as the front door slams open, revealing my gorgeous husband Enzo.

He makes no move to step aside as Nicolas practically begs his dad to help him.

"What did you do again Nico." My daughter, Valentina Genji, asks with a sigh as she steps to Enzo's side.

"Amore," Enzo starts softly as he takes the heel away from my hand, "Lets resort to not killing our children."

I roll my eyes as I turn my attention back to Nicolas.

"I forgot to close the oven and I may or may not have messed up something in the pie ingredients and exploded the kitchen." Nicolas rushes out as he leans against the stairs, out of breath.

"Look at what your son did." I huff out as I grab Enzo by the hand and drag him into the kitchen.

I look back at Enzo and see his eyes widen at the disaster.

There were splotches of mushed fruits all over the counter along with opened flour on the floor. The oven was shrouded in mushed fruits and raw dough.

"Holy shit." Valentina exclaims as she follows behind us.  "You're dead."

"How many times have I told you to not cook or bake anything before I get home." I scold at Nicolas as he chuckles nervously.

Nicolas was the striking resemblance of Enzo. The same black locks and sharp defining features. He had the same gray eyes as Enzo, even his personality was similar.

Valentina, on the other hand, was a resemblance of me. The same personality and features.

It's almost shocking to see how closely they resemble us.

Enzo smacks the back of Nicolas's head.

"What the fuck Pa?" Nicolas scowls as he rubs the back of his head.

"Clean this up." Enzo says sternly before coming over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Fine." Nicolas grumbles as he goes and grabs the cleaning supplies.

Enzo places soft kisses along my neck to the base of my jaw and up to my cheek. I feel myself sigh and relax in his warmth that was radiating off of him.

Even after these years, this man still has me weak.

"Gross, I'm going to help Nicolas out." Valentina says as she gags while walking out of the kitchen.

Once valentina was out of the room, Enzo twirls me around so that I was face to face with him.

I give him a confused expression as he cups my cheek.

Our eyes lock and I get lost in a trance with him. He has aged just fine even after this time.

His hair is still in its disheveled locks and his jawline was as sharp as ever.

I lean up and place a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Why did we think having children was such a good idea?" I sigh as we sway slightly.

He only hums before dipping his head into the crook of my neck. Goosebumps rise on my skin as I feel his breath fan against my skin.

His hand draws circles on my exposed skin.

"Enzo..." I breathe out as he sucks on my soft spot eliciting a strangled moan.

"How was your day amore." He asks as he continues to assault my neck.

"It was..good." I gulp.

He lets out a chuckle as he stands up straight and looks down at me with a small smile on his lips.

"LILS WHERE YOU AT?" I hear Damon's loud voice boom from the front door.

Enzo scowls, "All we have are children." He grumbles.

I only laugh at his mood and bring him along with me to the living room.

"There she is!" Damon says with a bright smile on his face.

He then tackles me into a tight hug before going behind me to see Nicolas and Valentina.

"And here they are, Lila and Enzo's minis." Damon says with a shake of his head.

"Stop calling us that." Valentina says.

I lean against one of the couches as I observe my children bully each other about who has better hair. Zion and Nathalia are now engaged just as Damon and Lance had gotten married a few months before Enzo and I's marriage.

Apparently Damon wanted to be the first to become an old guy because he wanted to age well and, I quote, "fucking hot uncle."

"Why does it smell like pie?" Zion asks suddenly.

This makes everyone pause in their conversation and realize that it does indeed smell like pie in this house.

"Nicolo exploded the kitchen." Valentina answers as she tries to swipe for the popcorn only for Damon to snatch it away from her.

"Damon, you're a grown man. Act like one." Zion says with a roll of his eyes.

Damon scoffs, "How old am I children?" He directs the question to Nicolas and Valentina.

"Ancient." They respond simultaneously.

"Exactly. This is why they are Enzo and Lila minis." He retorts as he pops a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

I only shake my head at my family who all bicker and laugh at one another.

I feel an arm come around my waist and immediately know who it is.

"Amore." He whispers into my ear.

I turn my head to look at him and see him looking at me with a new expression on his face.

"Are you happy?" He asks as his hand comes up to my face and strokes my cheek.

"Mm, very happy." I say softly as I look up into his eyes. "You?"

He licks his lips before leaning close to me, our nose touching, lips barely an inch from each other.

"Very." He whispers and captures it with a kiss.

꧁꧂

surprise! bonus chapter for my loves : ))
i've been seeing quite a few comments about a sequel to this book and sadly i don't plan on creating a sequel, im sorry!

however i do have a different book in the works called Salvation.

Thank you for all the support and love on this book. I cant even say how much i appreciate every one of you <33

i love you all
-astra