30 | Third POV

꧁꧂

"Amore, what are you doing?" Enzo asks tiredly as he had just been dragged out of bed by his wife.

"Just follow me please." Lila responds as she tightens her grip on his hand.

Lila had woken Enzo up and tied a blindfold over his eyes to prevent him from seeing what she had planned. The two were on vacation for Enzo's birthday and today they were heading back home.

But Lila wanted to give Enzo one last surprise before they had to leave for the plane in two hours.

The married couple make their way towards the kitchen as Lila settles Enzo on one of the stools.

She shamelessly checks her husband's naked torso out briefly before discarding the blindfold.

His striking gray eyes bore into hers as she stands in between his legs as his arms encased her. The two molded into each other perfectly.

Lila takes the rectangular black box from behind her and places it in Enzo's lap.

Enzo raises one eye brow at her in question.

"I don't know how you might act and I hope we'll be okay." Lila says as she picks at the hem of Enzo's oversized hoodie on her.

Her heart beats begin to increase rapidly as she tries to control her breathing. Only to fail and start flickering her eyes in every direction except his.

She couldn't make eye contact with him. It'll only make her break apart if he wasn't happy with the results. She was afraid herself of how she'll react.

Thoughts and questions grow rapidly in her head until Enzo cups both of her cheeks and forces her to look at him.

"Sweetheart you're shaking." He says softly as he pushes strands of hair out of her eyes.

Lila let's out a sigh before placing both her hands palm faced against his chest.

Enzo's chest flutters at the contact of her soft skin against his. He'll never get tired of her touch.

"Open it please." Lila says, starting to become impatient as she chews on her bottom lip.

Enzo complies and takes the box back into his hand. He inspects the box curiously before opening up the lid.

He unwraps the thin paper inside and feels his heart drop at the sight of a pregnancy test.

Enzo watches as two bold lines are formed in the small device before it hit him.

Lila is pregnant.

He's going to be a dad.

"I'm going to be a dad?" Enzo whispers, finally making eye contact with Lila once again.

Lila gives a single nod before being picked up and squeezed into a bear hug.

Lila let's put a squeal followed by sets of laughter from both of them.

"You're not upset?" Lila asks once they have calmed down.

"Upset? No, baby. I'm fucking ecstatic!" Enzo yells as his face breaks into another breathtaking smile.

Lila smiles and cries in joy at the image of her husband already forming plans and designs of how their child's room would be.

Enzo then halts and turns his body fully to Lila.

He takes quick strides and pulls her into his arms once more.

"We're going to be parents amore."

"We're going to be parents."

Enzo places his hand on top Lila's stomach while leaning his head against hers.

"It's going to be the three of us. A family and I can't wait to meet you little one." He coos as he places a gentle kiss on her stomach before reaching up and placing a soft kiss on Lila's lips.

"It'll be just us."

꧁꧂