26 | Third POV

꧁꧂

"Where the hell is she?" Camilla's voice echos across the field.

"She'll be out soon." Divante says dryly.

Lila scoffs from her hiding spot knowing damn well that they didn't have her in possession. She was just waiting for the perfect time to make her grand entrance.

"Make the alliance with us official." Jaxon speaks up as he nervously shuffles from side to side.

Damon found this act strange as to why he was suddenly nervous compared to before. Damon glances over at the others and notices that they all share the same observation.

"Her first." Enzo speaks with a deadly tone.

Veins from Enzo's forehead were slightly bulging and his muscles were tense form underneath his black shirt. It showed off his large size and his confident aura. The beautiful gray eyes were almost pitch black as the anger in Enzo was rising and was not going to be tamed until he sees his queen safe.

Lila knows she should be afraid of Enzo in this angry state but for some reason she found it more attractive than intimidating.

Meanwhile, Jaxon was internally shitting himself because he knew he didn't have Lila in possession anymore. She escaped just a few hours ago and he spent that time trying to fish information out of her father by pummeling him.

Divante then chuckles and gestures with his fingers. The two men holding Zhi Xingyun push him into view.

Lila feels a familiar pit in her stomach. The kind that made her sink to the lowest of her thoughts. The kind that blossomed to other emotions and dragged her down. The kind that stuck with her stronger than anything else ever since her mother was murdered.

Guilt.

She shakes out those thoughts because she knew better than to get lost in her self hate again. Especially when there's a war that's about to break out.

The Barachi side watch in confusion and then recognization at who the man standing in front of them was.

"He's alive." Enzo says emotionlessly.

Enzo knew better than to show any form of surprise factor to satisfy their opponents. So he remained nonchalant as he watches them present Zhi, otherwise known as his queen's father.

"Yes, he is. Now, accept the alliance." Divante deadpans getting impatient with this matter.

All the while, Lila remained hidden as her nerves were beginning to jump all over the place. She was beginning to become itchy from the tension in the dark night. Even the stars weren't out tonight. Nor the moon.

"And I said I wanted to see her first." Enzo signaled for everyone to raise their weapons which they followed.

Jaxon signaled for his small, pathetic alliances to raise their guns.

Lila almost bursted out laughing at the comparison of the two sides.

"Why do you need her?" Jaxon spat in annoyance.

"You don't have her." Nathalia says, bored.

"Yes I do." Jaxon snarls.

Guess this is my chance, Lila thought as she quietly and efficiently makes it into the field.

She stabs multiple men on the Millas side who did the injuries on her father, catching them all by surprise.