14 | Lila

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Wow..." Both Lance and I gush at the house in front of us.

We then look at each other in the eyes before bursting into laughter. Damon, Zion, Nathalia, and Enzo all look at us like we were lunatics.

We just landed in Italy and were now at the Barachi empire. This was where Enzo's family lived in. Lance had told me he had never been here before until now.

"Are we the only broke ones here?" Lance murmurs as we continue to walk ahead of the others.

"This house is so big." I continue to stare at it in awe.

"More like a castle." Lance corrects me.

I nod in agreement as we walk up the stairs to the front of the castle. The four guards up front greet us with a bow while Lance and I give them a smile.

Enzo and Damon give a brief nod at the guards as they guide us into the home.

My mouth hangs open along with Lance as we take in the massive interior of the house. There were marble floorings and a large chandelier hanging at the center. Two spiral staircases led to the second floor. Every inch of the floor was like a mirror from how shiny and clean everything was.

I slip off my shoes and squeal slightly from the cold marble flooring. Enzo chuckles lightly from beside me as he grabs a pair of slippers and gives them to me. I slip them on and continue to follow Enzo as he leads me upstairs. Zion went with Nathalia while Lance went with Damon in other directions.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I jog up to Enzo.

"Our room." He hums in response.

"Okay, but could you slow down. Not everyone is born with giraffe neck legs." I whine as I try to hurry my steps only to almost trip in the process.

Enzo slows down a bit as he wraps an arm around my waist.

Once we make it to his room, which took about 20 minutes because I kept pausing and gushing over everything, we set our bags down and begin to unpack in silence.

I was hanging up my last piece of clothing when Enzo entered the closet.

"My family are down in the dining room now for dinner. We should go and join them. Get changed into some sleepwear, we won't be sleeping up here tonight. My mother wants us to have a sleepover in the living room." Enzo explains with a roll of his eyes.

I smile nervously as I go to find my Koala pajamas.

"Hey, don't be nervous. My family will love you." Enzo says softly as he encircles his arms around me.

I wrap my arms around his waist in return.

"I just- what if they find me weird? I mean- I'm not even part of the Mafia. I can't defend myself. What if-"