33

Girlfriend

My gaze shifted to Troy and Lucille. I shook my head slowly. I almost lost my jaw. I feel like my brain is rusting in these moments.

“Did I hear ... half-siblings? I-I mean you! ” I pointed to Troy then slowly turned to Lucille. “And y-you? As in — shit. ” I bit my nail.

I heard Troy's weak laugh next to me. I shot him a confused look. "Thrana, I can explain—"

“Years ago, I asked you who’s Lucille in your life, right? But you decline to answer! How dare you fool me, huh? ” I felt a little annoyed with him.

He doesn't know how heavy it is inside me that every time they were together then, I felt insecure and jealous at the same time because they fit each other. He wasn’t aware that Lucille, who happened to be his half-sister, was the only person who made me feel insecure!

“I told you before that our relationship and ours were different, Thrana. She did say that to you, too. But I guess...” he heaved a sigh. “You were dominated by your own insecurities and led you to misconception.”

Lucille stepped closer to me. Our eyes met. Her beautiful smile faded. "I'm sorry if you think that I'm your rival in Kuya Trojanʼs heart, Thrana."

I averted my gaze. I felt betrayed. I sighed. “Why didn't you just tell me directly that you are blood-related? You...don't know how much I hate myself that time because I feel insecure when you're with each other. ” I pointed.

I felt Troy's hand crawl over my shoulder and face me to him. He sighed and stared at me intently. “Lucille, leave us first. It's up to me to explain everything to her.”

“Sure, Kuya. Uhm ... see you around, Thrana. ” she said goodbye to me.

I barely looked at her before nodding. I still haven't lost weight in my chest. Do you feel like you look stupid? This is so not me.

"Talk to me, Thrana." Instead of talking to him I got off his Black and Gold Lamborghini Aventador.

“Talk to me tomorrow. I want to rest. ” I said emphatically.

He had planned to take me somewhere else earlier so we could talk. I lost my mood so I didn’t consent. I said I just wanted to go back to Raia’s penthouse and sleep.

Without a second, I felt his warm palm that  prevent my attempt to enter the building. He was really chasing. When I looked back at him his eyes were pleading. Anyone who stares will be moved. But he would change me. I am mad!

"Are you mad because of what you found out?" his voice was apologetic.

I withdrew my hand from him. My eyes lit up as it stared at him. “No, I'm not. Because of what I found out, Trojan.”

“Thrana, ipapaliwanag ko naman—”

“I am bloody furious.” I said emphatically.

“Oh, damn...” Napapalatak siya.

“Bukas na lang tayo mag-usap. I'm tired,” pagtatapos ko sa usapan namin bago siya talikuran. Sumakay na ako ng elevator at hindi na nag-abalang sulyapan siya.

“Ano?!” reaksyon ni Raia nang sabihin kong nagkita kami ni Troy sa party at ikuwento ang ginawa niya sa party ni Lucille.

I shrugged before draining the rum from my glass. I refilled it with new content. Suddenly, Raia sat down in the high chair next to me. "What?" I asked, ennui.

She snatched my rum to consume it all. She  violently wiped her lips. "Why didn't you talk to him, eh, you're already there?"

I snatched back the glass and refilled the rum before directly consuming it. "I found out something ..." I almost whispered what I said.