34

Cat fight

Antok pa ang mga matang kinapa ko ang aking tabi upang sana yumupyop sa katawan ni Troy. Ngunit unan na lang ang nakapa ko. Nagmulat ako ng mata. Iginala ko iyon sa loob ng kaniyang silid ngunit wala siya.

Bukas ay muli akong babalik sa Madrid. Dapat sinusulit ko na ang pagkakataong kasama ko pa siya. Baka hindi lang isang buwan ang itagal ko roon.

Bumangon ako't dumiretso sa banyo. Ginawa ko ang aking morning routines. Pagkatapos ay saka ako lumabas ng silid.

Nasa gitna pa lang ako ng hagdanan ay dinig ko na ang usapan sa pagitan ng dalawang tao sa front door. Bahagya ko isinilip ang mata ko sa direksyon.

Five steps downstairs, I stop forwarding my feet.

Halos tumaas ang kilay ko nang makita ang isang matangkad, maputi at chinitang babae kausap si Troy. May dala siyang itim na paperbag. Maya-maya, ibinigay niya iyon kay Troy. Napahalukipkip ako. Sino ka naman?

"Hope you like this, Trojan. Pinag-aralan ko pa kung paano gawin 'yan." Pagbibida ng babae.

Troy nodded lightly. "I appreciate this, Monique. Thank you."

"By the way, Kuya Arvo is asking if you're free this Friday? They're going to a club to celebrate his first successful flight, eh."

Is your older brother really the one who wants to invite Troy or are you just saying that so that it won't be obvious that you are the one who wants him to go? I secretly smirked.

Troy didn't make an immediate decision. I took that opportunity to approach him. Monique seemed to look at me, twice, not expecting me to be with Troy right now. Isn't it surprising?

Naramdaman ko ang kamay ni Troy na humapit sa bewang ko. Hinalikan nito ang noo ko at malambing na bumulong. "Good morning."

"Good morning..." sabi ko, na kay Monique ang tingin. "Mind introducing her to me?"

Tumikhim siya. "Yeah, of course. Thrana, this is Monique Martinez, Arvo's younger sister. My friend way back in La Luz resort, remember?"

I glanced at Monique. I don't lose sight of her eyes, she also seems to be measuring. I'm also a woman so I know the kind of way she looks at Troy. She obviously likes my boyfriend.

"Yeah ... Younger sister of your friend, Arvo Martinez." The flow of my voice is deceptive.

Monique smiled. "Yes. And I'm his friend. How 'bout you, Thrana? " I could feel the sarcasm in her question.

I grinned and leaned the side of my face against Troy's arm. "I'm ... his girlfriend."

Gradually, the beautiful line on her lips disappeared because of my answer. She averted her eyes from me and turned to Troy.

"O-Oh, girlfriend ... I thought you don't want to have one because you only want that Winter whatever to be your girlfriend, Troy?" She seemed to be annoyed.

Even if you shed blood now, he won't like you. If Winter Avianna La Galliene is your name you might still be. I smiled all by myself.

I laughed softly. Why does it seem like she's annoyed? "Sorry, my bad. Okay, let me rephrase it, Monique. " I smiled. "My name is Winter Avianna La Galliene. I'm his girlfriend."

Her little eyes widened slightly because of what I said. Her lips were almost parted. "You're ... who?"

Troy butts in. "Yes, Monique. She's Winter, the one I'm talking about. She's my girlfriend." He made it clear.

The frustration on her face did not escape my eyes. Yet, she managed to bring back a fake smile on her lips.

"Congratulations, then. Uhm...I'm going?" As if we'll restrain you from leaving?