prologue

prologue

third person
perspective

YARA AZARAN twirls the red wine in her crystal glass, the liquid shimmering under the moonlight as if it was blood

YARA AZARAN twirls the red wine in her crystal glass, the liquid shimmering under the moonlight as if it was blood. Her lips were stained red, her eyes darker than the night sky above. A tear of blood runs down her bottom and she moves her hand towards her lip, wiping the red tear off her bottom lip.

She gazes at the red tear decorating her index finger and tilts her head, inspecting whether it was the wine or her blood.

To her, wine and blood were the same. She couldn't see the difference. Both of them kept her alive. Both of them were the colour of the house she led and hence why Ruby was known as the house of blood.

And thus she was given the title of the blood queen, the one who wouldn't waste any opportunity when it came to drawing out blood.

"All the heads of years have been summoned for an emergency meeting. Change right now."

Yara places the glass on the crystal table, letting out a soft breath as she stands on her feet, turning around to stare at the boy.

"It's pretty clear that I'm the head, not you. Don't talk to me in that tone, Kujō," she states, coldness lacing her tone, narrowing her midnight eyes at the vice-head.

Asahi Kujō was a flame. He was reckless, untamed, and wild, burning desire to destroy everything seeping from his fingertips.

If Asahi was the flame, then Yara would be the wildfire he's burning under.

He was absolutely nothing without her by his side.

"Now is not the time to fight over that, Yara. There's an emergency meeting. You are needed. If you're late then I will not take responsibility for it," he points out, leaning on the wall, watching her as the moonlight graces her.

"I'm not a child that you can take responsibility for, Asahi," bitterness laces her tone, the sweetness which once laced her tone every time she talked to him was gone, burning into ashes among the flames she created.

She walks past him, hitting her shoulder against his, glancing into his eyes for a second with loathe present in her dark eyes.

She walks to her room and slips the robe off her body, throwing it on the bed as she grabs her uniform. Yara quickly changes into the uniform and tucks her hair out of the blazer, fixing the chain on her blazer's chest pocket.

Everyone in this academy had a chain attached to their blazer pockets. The normal students had a silver chain with a crystal of their designated house attached at the centre of the chain.

The council members of the houses had a golden chain, the richness of the chain symbolising their high rank.

However, the vice-heads had a crystal shaped into a right wing, suggesting that they were meant to be the right hands of the heads. While the heads had a crystal shaped into a crown to show their rule over their house. They were the ones with the most power.