iv.

chapter four.

ares blackburn
perspective

"SHIT. GET YOUR GUNS OUT!" I hiss, glancing at the others as I clock my gun.

"I don't carry a gun," Ember murmurs and I look at her in disbelief, scoffing at her.

"Please, tell me that you're carrying a fucking weapon," I groan, narrowing my eyes at Jun. I click my tongue in annoyance when he doesn't nod.

"And then you get shocked why the heads are disappearing so easily," I sardonically chuckle, "You don't even know how to protect yourselves.

"I'm going to check what's happening out there," I glance at them, "I don't care if you follow me or not. You're useless either way," I roll my eyes at them before running out of the room.

I look around the hallway, searching for Yara but there were no traces of her. As much as I loathed her, I didn't want her to disappear or else the academy will collapse and lose its power.

I hate to admit this but Yara was the anchor of Crystal Lake Academy.

I stop in my tracks when I see droplets of blood on the floor with glass shards on either side. There was a fucking fight here.

And that blood must've belonged to Yara.

"No, no, no." I hear Ember whisper and I turn around, watching her widen her eyes as she looks at the blood on the floor, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Fuck, she got attacked," Jun mutters, shaking his head in disbelief, eyes tearing up.

Ember's breathing becomes shaky, "This wasn't meant to happen. Yara can't just vanish like this. I refuse to believe this."

"She's gone, Ember," Jun murmurs.

I shake my head at his words, "No," I whisper.

"Damn, you guys really think that easily I'll vanish like the rest?"

My heart skips a beat in surprise at the sound of her voice. And for the first time, I was happy that Yara Azaran wasn't dead like I wished.

I turn, glancing around the hallway until my eyes land on her and our eyes meet.

She was on her knees, leaning on the door for support which clenching her hand over her bloody arm while her other hand grasped her gun.

"Oh my goodness, Yara!" Ember puts her hand over her mouth, holding her sob back as she runs to her, bending down to be on her level.

"You got shot?" I ask, bending down on her level.

"No. I normally spurt blood from my arm," she feigns a smile, removing her hand off her arm to show the blood spilling out from her arm.

Even though she was shot, she was still a bitch. Typical Yara Azaran of her. Her last words to me would probably be her cursing me out.

"Yara, your crystal," Ember gasps, pointing at the chain dangling on her chest pocket.

Her crystal was gone, all that was left was an empty spot where the crystal usually sat.

"You sacrificed the crystal in exchange for your life?" Jun mumbles, glancing into her eyes.

"That doesn't matter, she's here and that is all that matters," Ember hisses, glaring at Jun.

Yara chuckles, "This bullet wound doesn't hurt me but the fact that you believe that I'll do that hurts me," she feigns a smile.