i.

chapter one.

ares blackburn
perspective

"IF THE LEADERS VANISH, THE HOUSES WILL VANISH WITH THEM." The headmistress hardens her gaze, tightening the atmosphere around us.

I lean back on my chair, not bothering to hear the woman talk anymore. Her words weren't of any help to me unless she started giving out weapons to protect ourselves.

"Carry weapons with you. Don't let anyone except the council members enter your offices," she utters, tapping her hands against the table.

"We do that anyway. Tell us something new, not some useless shit like this. We need something more helpful."

Yara Azaran has never been afraid of speaking out to the higher authorities. Maybe it was because she was the one with the most authority here.

Everyone widens their eyes slightly while I smile, waiting for the headmistress' words. The headmistress would strip Yara out of her position, if she could.

But she couldn't, no matter how she tried.

Yara sat on the throne of Ruby, staying untouched ever since she first became the head of Ruby in freshmen year - the youngest female to become the head of a house.

"Watch your words, Miss Azaran," the headmistress glares at her, watching her push her chair back before getting up, walking towards the door.

"You should watch yourself out," Yara smiles, a smile so sweet, it could melt you on the inside and destroy you but it was all a façade, she was never a sweet person, to begin with.

The headmistress scoffs, rolling her eyes, "You could be the next one getting vanished. You will never know so I advise you to be careful or else you'll end up dead."

I click my tongue in amusement, knowing the woman was trying to trigger her but she didn't know what she was signing up for.

I smirk in amusement, watching Yara pull up her skirt slightly as she quickly removes her gun, hardening her glare at the headmistress, pointing her gun at the woman.

She wouldn't even hesitate to put a bullet through the woman's head.

Everyone present in the room widens their eyes, gasping as they watch Yara's finger rest on the trigger, her aim perfect.

"You wanna bet who'll end up dead today?" Yara tilts her head, sardonically smiling at the woman who looked scared to death.

"You're gonna shoot me?" The headmistress raises her eyebrow at her.

"Or do you prefer to be stabbed?" Yara arches an eyebrow at her, mocking her face.

The amusement in my eyes starts to fade away once my eyes land on Asahi Kujō, her right hand. I watch him glance at me in disgust before pushing his chair back, standing up and walking towards her.

He puts his hand on her shoulder, whispering a few words into her ear. She stays silent, glancing into his eyes before putting the gun back into the pocket.

"If another head goes missing, you'll be blamed for it and the lack of your ability to keep all of us safe," Yara seethes, throwing the woman a glare and she nods in response, gulping her fear down.