x.

chapter ten.

ares blackburn
perspective

"HEY, BLACKBURN. LOOK, I GOT YOU A PRESENT." Yara kicks open my office door, walking in with a sinister smile, dragging someone behind her.

I stand up from my seat, walking towards her, "Who the fuck is this?" I hiss, glancing at the boy with a black eye which was probably given to him by her.

She laughs, "Some Imperial rat who tried to shoot me," she points her gun at the emblem on his blazer.

I quickly get up from my seat, taking quick steps towards them.

"Are you one the who's behind all this mess?" I arch an eyebrow, taking out the gun out of my pocket.

The boy stays silent.

Yara presses her gun against the back of his head, "We don't have all the time in the world, darling," she whispers.

The boy's eyes widens.

"What's your name?" Yara hums, "Say it or I shoot you in the leg."

She sure had no patience.

"James," he breathes out.

"So James," Yara smiles, "Why were you going to shoot me?"

He stays silent.

Yara fucking shoots the bullet an inch away from his leg. She was ready to kill.

James bursts into a fist of cries, "I—I found a note in my locker. It had your picture and everything you'd do today. I was told to just shoot you and that I'd escape that school."

"What else?" Yara bends down.

"To take your pendant and leave it in some locker," he breathes out.

"Number?" Yara's running out of patience.

"Seven-Seven-Seven."

Yara and I look at each other.

"Isn't that your locker, Blackburn?" Yara is glaring at me, her gun pointed at me.

"It is," I state, "So you think I did it?"

"I never said that, Ares," her finger is pressed against the trigger.

And then she pulls the trigger and shoots.

—☽—