vi.

chapter six.

ares blackburn
perspective

"GLAD TO BE THE REASON YOU WOKE UP, AZARAN." I glance into her eyes, watching her stand perfectly.

She looked healthier than ever like she wasn't on her deathbed a few minutes ago.

"Yara," Ciro murmurs, walking towards her and wrapping his arms around her, "I'm so happy you're fine."

She rolls her eyes but smiles, "You're such a baby, Ciro. Stop crying, you're making my shirt wet."

I glance at her, noticing that she was only wearing her shirt and her skirt, her blazer was on the chair. She glances at me and notices that I was staring at her blazer's pocket, searching for the crystal.

"The crystal is with me," she mutters and I look at her, watching her open the golden pendant and my eyes land on her red crystal, "They were behind this so I had to keep it here."

"How did you take them down with your wound?" Rue murmurs, "Not that I doubt that you can't do it."

She smiles, lifting her shirt a little and I glance at her stomach. There was no scar, nothing at all as if she didn't get stabbed. I glance at her spot she got shot since her shirt had short sleeves, I could see that there was no scar. Her skin was clear.

Yara Azaran was miraculously healed.

"How?" Jun murmurs as all of us stare at her with widened eyes, processing everything.

"I don't know," she shrugs, "But I'm guessing it's something to do with the crystal," she glances at the crystal.

"It glows when I hold it in my hands," she murmurs, "And it lets out some aura which makes me feel better."

"We need to find that legend on the crystals. I'm starting to believe in it," I murmur, glancing at Jun and he nods.

"Legend?" Yara murmurs, "There's a fucking legend behind the crystals? They're taking away the heads because of some legend? Unbelievable," she scoffs.

"Seven crystals. Most of them are shattered. We have three left," Jun glances at our crystals, "We definitely need to get that book."

"The one hidden in the library?" Yara mumbles.

Jun blinks, "You know about it?"

Yara rolls her eyes at him, "What do I not know about?" She scoffs, "That book is locked, Jun. It can't be opened and there's no key."

Jun sighs, "Well, we need to get it open. Let's find it first and then see how we can open it."

"Alright," she nods, grabbing her blazer before pulling it over her body. Her shirt was tucked outside her skirt, her tie wasn't even around her neck, the top buttons of her shirt undone.

For the first time in academic history, Yara Azaran's uniform was a mess like the one she creates.

"Don't stare at me like that, Blackburn. They might think you're in love with me or something," she chuckles, hitting my shoulder as she walks past me.

"You're stupid to even think that I'd even feel a hint of awe towards you," I scrunch my face in disgust, rolling my eyes at her as I walk behind her.

She glances back at me, "Did you see my gun anywhere? I can't find it."

I arch my eyebrow at her, "Am I your servant to find it for you?"

She rolls her eyes at me, "I asked if you saw it anywhere. It's either a yes or no."

She sighs, turning around, expecting me to say no but I surprise her.

"I saw it," I mutter and she turns around in surprise, "It's with your favourite person," I state with bitterness.

"Ah, Asahi," she grumbles, "I'll find that fucker."

I narrow my eyes in confusion, "You didn't see him? But I saw him entering the North Wing with your gun so I thought he was walking to you to give your gun back."

She hesitantly looks into my eyes, running her hand through her hair, letting out a hiss.

I knew for a fact she realised something bad.

"I'll get my gun back and come back," she murmurs, avoiding my gaze and I knew she was still hiding something.

I sigh, "Azaran, wait up—."

We pause in our steps when I see Yara's gun hit her foot. Someone had just thrown the gun towards her and that could only be one person.

Yara exasperates, grabbing the gun, lifting it. She inspects the gun and sighs in relief.

But that relief soon disappears when droplets of blood drip out from the gun's barrel and the atmosphere around us tightens, taking away the air from our lungs.

The gun drops out of her hands and she covers her mouth with her hand, holding back the sob as we share a look.

For we both knew that the blood belonged to Ember Xanthe, her best friend.

—☽—