xv

chapter fifteen | finale

yara azaran
perspective

THIS WAS DREADFUL TO LOOK AT.

My fellow Heads of the Houses had ropes tied around their necks as they hung from the ceiling. Their bodies were pale, blood dripping from the hole in their chest.

Their crystals sat on the floor, shattered in pieces. For the crystals were broken just as their masters.

I take a step closer and slowly fall onto my knees, bowing my head slowly.

"Yara," I hear Ares whisper, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I will avenge all of them," I mutter, tightening my fists as I glance at them.

"You will," he nods, holding out his hand for me to hold. I grab his hand and get onto my feet.

"Let's bring them down," I point to the ropes, "They need to rest."

He nods and turns around but before he could take another step forward, the door creaks open again.

"You two have taken down every single one of them. Nothing less from the monsters you two are."

Ares scoffs, "Look who has finally decided to show his face after playing with all of us," he takes a step forward, glaring at him.

Jun smiles, "Since you two are here now, you can just pass me your crystals."

"You'll die," I narrow my eyes at him, "You cannot touch it as long I'm alive."

Jun chuckles, "I always knew you were special, Yara, but I never realised how special your crystal was. If I had found out that it was your crystal that had powers then I wouldn't have touched your friends. It's all your fault."

His smiles stretches when he sees me staying silent, "I know that you won't hurt me. You can't touch a Head or else you'll lose your status."

"So confident for the wrong reasons," Ares mutters, looking at him in disgust.

I glance at Jun's guns in his pockets as he held one in his hand. I take a step forward and he points his gun at me. Honestly, he can't even hurt me if he tried.

"Did I ever follow rules, Jun?" I smile at him, "No. I made rules."

He doesn't even look at me. He is looking at the crystal situated on my chest. He seems so hungry for it. Greed is one of the seven sins and it made him commit all of the seven sins.

"Yara, just give me your crystal," Jun takes a step forward, his hand an inch away from grabbing my crystal, "I need it."

Ares takes a step forward, ready to throw Jun away from me but I raise my hand, stopping him from taking a step any further.

"This is what you need," I whisper before pulling the trigger and shooting him in the leg, "That is for Emerald."

Jun lets out a loud cry before falling onto the ground. He glares at us as we step forward.

He holds the gun in his hand but I kick it out of his grasp.

"Kill me then," Jun scoffs, hardening his glare at me.

"Not so soon," I smile, staring at him.

I shoot another bullet at his other leg and I smile as I watch him hold back the scream, "That is for Topaz."

"This is for Opal," I shoot another bullet at his arm and he is begging me to stop.

"This is for Amethyst," I tilt my head as I shoot another bullet at his other arm.

I bend down to his eye level, watching him glare at me with teary eyes. I smile as I take his crystal off his chest, "Sapphire will get a better ruler."

"This will be the crystal you always wanted," I let out a chuckle before putting a bullet through his heart and I watch him lay lifelessly on the floor as blood poured out of his body.

I drop my gun on the floor and turn around to look at Ares. He places his hand on my shoulder and presses it.

"Crystal Lake Academy will mourn their deaths for four days. After that, the vice-heads of the fallen houses will officially become the heads," I state, watching him nod slowly.

"For now, let's get down and call the others," I murmur, glancing at the bodies.

He walks over and tries to unknot the ties while I stand in my spot, looking around the room.

It all ended where it all began.

THE END

—☽—

it was a miracle that i wrote these few chapters in a day.

thank you all for reading this very very very short novel of mine. i hope you all enjoyed it :) i can finally rest in peace that this book has been completed after almost a year. quite an achievement for me.