Epilogue 2

A nine year old little girl sat on a bench in Central Park, staring out at the gentle snowflakes falling and thickening the layer of snow on the ground. She had long flowing black hair and hazel eyes.

She was so, so lonely.

For as long as she could remember, she had felt empty. Like something was missing. The only thing that brought a semblance of content to her was coming to Central Park every day. She didn't know why she liked it so much, and yet nothing was ever enough.

Her house was visible from where she sat, it was the reason her parents had moved here in the first place; in attempts to help their daughter not be so sad, they moved right by Central Park.

Her dad loved his daughter more than anything in the world, and had taken her to different psychiatrists and doctors. None of them could figure out why she was always so sad; her brain scans showed nothing awry, no chemical imbalances indicating depression.

So she sat on the bench and daydreamed of sailing the ocean, of being a daring pirate. She had always imagined being a pirate.

A nine year old little boy was walking his golden retriever dog and saw her there all alone. He had brown eyes and short brown hair. He was eating a snickerdoodle cookie that his mum made for him.

He should've kept walking, he had to be home for dinner. But something told him to stop.

He was so, so lonely.

He had always felt a feeling of incompleteness in his short life, and spent his time indoors writing down his dreams, dreams that were always the same. Dreams of a world of magic and wands and wizards and a beautiful girl with red lips and short black hair.

But when he saw her, the feeling suddenly started to leave, to trickle out of him slowly. Curious, he tied his dog's leash to the pole and walked over, sitting right next to her.

She looked at him, and he looked at her. That feeling of emptiness washed away from the both of them, leaving an overwhelming feeling of joy and completion. The sun peeked out of the clouds.

She's wearing a deep red chapstick, he notices. He really likes it. He thinks she looks very pretty in it.

"Hi," She said, a half smile curving her lips. "I'm Pam."

"Hi," He replied, grinning. "I'm Teddy."