dreams

Being with Bokuto was a lot like dancing to self-composed music.

Awkward steps with no sense of placement, with nothing to cling onto except for each other, with no purpose save for one — to feel.

Akaashi would close his eyes and ride on the waves of Bokuto's voice — the only music he would ever need, really — a melodic pluck of orchestral strings that would peak when he was especially excited about something and direct Akaashi's steps as he paraded with the chorus of his own music.

He would drop to a B string acoustic when he was upset or frustrated, only to climb back up to a crescendo and end with a perfectly timed coda, the rise and fall of his mood just as transparent as the shout in his voice. And when he would call Akaashi beautiful, in that same perfect pitch, in that same harsh allegro that made the sun peek from the horizon just to hear him in person — he would kiss him like the climax, the ending cymbals to all of Bokuto's symphonies at once.

And Akaashi's heart would dance with him, soft music in his world with no sense of direction, but his ears were so wonderfully, beautifully full with melodies carefully composed for him only.

His beautiful boy.

And just like carefully composed music, Bokuto was just as expressive, and Akaashi loved to see it written on his face in any aspect.

Especially on a day like today.

As it turns out, Kenma was making a name for himself in his internship, like Kuroo said. He was working pretty hard, enough to where he was allowed to bring in sponsorships to try and better his reputation at the company he was working at.

And although Kenma did complain about his coworkers and mostly kept to himself during the day anyway, he still worked towards what they asked of him, diligently.

Three weeks later, Bokuto got a call from him, asking if he was interested in having him as an amateur sponsor beside Hinata. He told him he already had his tattoo shop under his wing, and he wanted to try his luck with Bokuto, knowing his situation.

Which was very good, considering Bokuto needed a sponsor to start racing at tracks.

He immediately called Akaashi to tell him, and while Akaashi smiled and listened to him gush about traveling the world together for tournaments, he thought Bokuto might just move that much faster than he thought the world usually did.

Akaashi always found Kenma impressive, a walking secret that was still so transparent in the way he looked and spoke to you, yet he was capable of so many things.

And anyone who made Bokuto smile like this was good to Akaashi, anyway. It was just a plus that it was Kenma.

He was in the kitchen making food for Kenma, Hinata, and Bokuto, trying to find a way to stay out of their hair while also not hiding in his room the entire time, Kuroo out grabbing them sake for the occasion. Which Kenma tried to tell him it was not an occasion for sake, but Kuroo insisted, and Kenma let him have it, appreciative.

"You don't need to do anything different. Just find a track and get a pit pass, so you can start training with actual race cars." He tells him, looking at the cup of coffee in front of him.

"Sokudo was a better race car than anything else!" Bokuto pouts, and Kenma shrugs, tilting his head slightly in some sort of agreement, not denying the fact that Bokuto's personal car was fast on the road.

"Oh, why don't you try becoming a NASCAR driver?" Hinata asks, setting the papers he was reading down onto the counter in front of him, Akaashi remembering him saying they were documentation for Kenma to keep his name beneath Hinata's for his shop. "You'd fly over the track!"