Olympia Perseus Anargos

Olympia walked up to the door of her date-mate's apartment and knocked three times. Her partner, Ami Jackson, was at Camp Jupiter for the first month of summer, so the pair were going on a date around the camp.

What Olympia didn't expect was for Ami's dad, Percy Jackson to open the door bouncing on his toes. Nervously, she gave a little wave.

"Olympia! Come in, come in! We've got cookies if you'd like some?" Percy waved her inside. He gestured to somewhere for Olympia to set down her bag. "Ami'll be here in a moment. I don't know if you know yet, but it's a he/ him day so far. Now, how you doin', my short friend?"

To be fair, Olympia's height was far from her fault. Nevermind the genetics, one could only grow so much in specific circumstances. "That's mean, I'm not that shor-"

"You're barely 5 foot, Olympia, that's pretty short." Ami smiled from where he appeared around the corner. Olympia ran up and embraced him. Hugging her partner instantly calmed Olympia. They released each other from the hug, Ami keeping a hold of his girlfriend's arm to comfort her. Olympia was far from used to the bubbly happiness that was Ami's father, nor was she used to Ami's mother's gaze.

Percy grabbed a plate of cookies and a container from the kitchen. "Now you can bring cookies on your date!"

Ami smiled at him. Annabeth put an arm around her husband. "Now, as Ami's parents, it is our duty to tell you that if you hurt our kid, Percy will dump water on you and I will find out what you fear."

Olympia's eyes widened. That was terrifying, Annabeth was terrifying when she was protective. Her fingers started tapping against where her hand had moved to lay on top of Ami's. He tightened his grip on his girlfriend. "Απαγορευμένη περιοχή, μαμά." (Forbidden territory, Mom.)

Olympia's heart was racing. She was rooted to the spot, and startled badly when Percy pointed at his child. "On the other hand, as our duty as people protective of Olympia I'll give you the shovel talk as well Ami. If you hurt Olympia, I'll toss you into the river, and we already know what you fear."

That was only slightly less terrifying, and only because it wasn't directed at her. Ami let go of Olympia and clapped his hands. "Wow, thank you for that. How 'bout we meet you in the kitchen in a bit, we're just gonna put away our cookies."

Annabeth's eyes scanned Olympia quickly. She nodded, knowing Ami knew how to help, and pulled Percy away. As soon as the couple was out of sight, Ami spun to face Olympia.

He knew what to do, be quiet, don't touch, give food and drinks if possible. Ami slowly sat down on the ground and patted the floor in front of him. Olympia followed after a beat, sitting down possibly even slower than Ami did. He uncovered the plate of cookies and set them in front of the demigod, before beginning to tap out Olympia's rhythm on the floor. Ami had memorized it as soon as he realised it helped his traumatised girlfriend (friend at the time) more than nearly anything else. He let his hair down from its bun and spoke softly. Ami mindlessly rambled, barely louder than the tapping, until Olympia picked a cookie a few minutes later. He switched to reassurances and grounding until Olympia had finished the cookie and nodded. She stood up and took a deep breath, nodding again. She reached out her hand to pull Ami up. They moved to the kitchen together, Olympia pretending she wasn't clinging desperately to Ami, and Ami not at all hiding the fact that he had a protective and strong hold on Olympia.

"Hello again, you 2. Here's the food from the fridge, Ami. Have you got everything for your picnic then?" Annabeth asked. Olympia gave a smile and nodded.

All 4 of them knew she was still shaky and not okay, but a distraction would be coming soon, so she would be fine. Mostly.

Olympia and Ami were sent on their way quickly after that. Olympia dragged her partner to a little park near the Pomerian line of New Rome and they settled under a tree. It only took a moment to set out the food they had both brought.

"Could you braid my hair up and out of the way, Olympia? It feels iffy right now."

Olympia grinned and pulled Ami to sit in front of her. It was far from the first time that they had done this, one of their many routines. Ami snagged a cookie out of the container with a little struggle, trying to keep his head still for Olympia. Olympia leaned forward to take half of the cookie.

"Olympia, there's crumbs all over me now," Ami laughed.

"Oh well." The demigod twisted the end of the braid to keep it together and swung it up and into a bun on the legacies' head. The moment she was sure it was secure, Olympia patted Ami's shoulder. He turned around and sat with his knees over Olympia's.

"Hm, I love you." Olympia blinked at the adoration on Ami's face. It wasn't a new sight, but it always caught her off guard. After all, Ami was the first person to take up that look in regards to Olympia.

"I love you too," She whispered.

Which was also why Ami was the first person Olympia had ever said that phrase to and meant it.

After they'd finished their snacks, Ami pulled his girlfriend up and spun her in a circle. Olympia smiled, knowing what he was doing. He started humming a tune quietly as he threaded his fingers through hers and pulled her close. They got into a rhythm, the steps flowing with practice. Eventually, Ami brought in the lyrics of what he had been humming, and Olympia joined soon after.

Ami swung Olympia out with one hand, then pulled her back to kiss her. "Is stellar dancing a requirement for those wishing to be a praetor?"

Olympia blushed. "That achievement and that goal are completely unrelated. They just so happen to be quite substantial parts of me." She grinned.

A yelp came from the young Jackson as Olympia switched their positions so that she was leading. "My turn, love."

Olympia spun Ami a few times before switching to quick footwork just to show off. The pair both had giant smiles on their faces, the volume of their singing steadily growing louder, until it became closer to half-screaming the words. There were constant interruptions of laughter and kisses. Their dancing slowly tapered off into gentle swaying in the slight wind that had picked up while they'd been there.

"Stay over tonight? I'll tell off my mum and we can watch a movie with pizza," Ami whispered long after silence had overtaken. Far from an awkward silence, no, those hadn't happened for years. The type of silence where you just stare at each other, holding each other close, tender kisses every so often; the kind of silence that has intimacy on high.

Olympia nodded against Ami's cheek, her head slightly bent. The position made their height difference look even bigger than it was.

"My cohort wants to throw a karaoke night and if I have to be in range of their screeching and all the miscellaneous nasties and triggers, I think I'll end up losing my shit."

Ami threw his head back and laughed. Olympia smiled, proud that she could bring that sound out. "Sounds good." 

Hello everyone. Thanks to  @Givemesomespaceapolo for the request, and I'm sorry this took me so long. I hope I portrayed Olympia and Ami well, it was fun to write!