Sam Green

Sam groaned as he pulled out his dual pistols. They had a silvery-purple barrel and the handle and trigger were the darkest black imaginable. Sam slipped in a magazine full of celestial bronze bullets from a pocket in his backpack. With three quick shots, Sam Green had killed the Greek monsters looming over the pedestrians a block away. He darted to where the golden dust was falling to the ground and snagged the bullets from the mess. It wouldn't do to let the mortals find them and have a sample of celestial bronze. The three bullets were still warm in his hand as he slipped them into the pocket.

Sam walked the last block and a half to his high school. He was a junior, grade 11, and like all his family members from the past three generations, he would be joining the beginning of the bloodline, Chaos, in their realm once he graduated. Sam had the choice of waiting to graduate from college to depart for a year of training, but like the others before him, he was taking a gap year. Other than Great-Grandpa Pete John Long Green. He became a pirate.

Sam held the door open for a few students as they streamed inside the school with him. He walked to his locker and spun the lock a few times. The locker next to his was ajar and empty, an advancement from the previous metal circle lock that the school janitor put on the unused lockers. That meant one thing: a new student. Students, Sam revised once he noticed the row of four lockers sitting ajar. Sam was about to lock his locker when a boy with blonde hair and glasses opened the locker door right next to his.

"Are you new here?" Sam asked him.

"Yeah. I probably look a bit clueless, don't I?" He chuckled. The boy stuck his hand out for Sam to shake. "Jason, by the way, and that's Piper, Leo and Frank."

"So many new kids. I'm Sam. Are you four in homeroom 11-7?"

Leo smiled as if letting Sam in on a secret. "Believe it or not, there's even more of us new kids."

Frank ignored Leo and answered Sam's question. "It's nice to meet you, and, yeah, we do. We've all got history first."

Sam did too. "I'll see there then. A homeroom's core subjects tend to match up. If you ever need any help around the school, feel free to ask me. I've got to meet Ms. Mathers before the bell, but I'll be back here if you don't know where the period 1 is." Sam checked the time on his phone. Ms. Mathers was expecting him in two minutes.

"Thanks, Sam! See you later." Piper was cheerful and waved goodbye. Sam pushed off from his locker and walked away.

The issue with waiting until Sam had graduated to really train with Chaos, was that his family only had the proper resources to train Sam in combat and weapons. Sam could dual wield most weapons, but actually noticing other legacies or demigods, or sensing monsters in disguise? Sam was hopeless at that. The goal was for that to change, but for now he was lacking. So of course, Sam didn't realise all of the new students, all ten of them- Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, Hazel, Annabeth, Percy, Nico, Will, and Connor- were demigods. Powerful ones at that.

Sam only found out when Frank and Piper asked to go to the nurse during the last period and he saw them pull out imperial gold and celestial bronze weapons in the hallway. The door was still open and at the back of the classroom, so the second the teacher had turned her back, Sam snuck out. He made no noise, and was not missed. Sam was mostly a silent presence at the back of the classroom and people tended to not notice him if he stayed still enough.

He ran down the hallway after the pair and watched as they dashed into the empty training gym. He snuck in through the door before it closed all the way. Sam's eyes widened at the monsters in the gym. There were at least a dozen- definitely more- monsters in there, and piles of golden dusts already sitting on the ground. Sam grabbed his twin swords, better for reach in this room full of enemies and wouldn't need to be reloaded. He joined the fray with a spontaneous lunge at a Laistrygonian. The only reason four of those fit in the training gym was because there was a tall ceiling and lots of space around the climbing wall on one side.