Alexandra "Alexa" Barnes

Alexandra, or as she preferred to be called, Alexa, threw the steak knife at the monster. She always attracted an obscene amount of monsters with her status as a daughter of Chaos. Her mother, a force to be reckoned with, had sent Alexa to the mortal plains of Earth for a year. The last time it happened was six months ago, a two month trip. Even if visiting the mortals wasn't an exciting event for Alexa, there wouldn't be any way she would defy her mother. It was meant to be part of her training. Alexa would never be able to take up a position of power by Chaos' side if she weren't acquainted with who she would hold that power over.

Alexa walked over to where the monster was writhing on the ground fighting to live and tore the knife out of its side. She plunged the knife back into it to deliver the killing stroke. The monster died in a puff of golden dust- that was one thing Alexa had not been prepared for the first time she killed a Greek monster on the mortal plains- and she cleaned the grime off of the blade. Alexa walked back inside of the diner and placed the steak knife on the table.

"Where was I?" She asked her clear-sighted boyfriend, Charles Rogers, whom she had met the last time she was visiting. "Oh, right, I was talking about Valencia and the servant halls. What's hilarious is that-"

There was a flash of silver behind the umbrella of an outdoor table. Alexa huffed and grabbed the knife again. She had other weapons, but it was good practice to mix it up.

"Excuse me." She walked outside as if she were just leaving but jumped into the shadows. In Alexa's grip, the knife glowed purple as she enchanted the blade with the magical properties to kill whatever monster was there. Alexa's ears caught the sound of her boyfriend groaning and paying the tab, this wasn't the first time it had happened. Due to her mother being a primordial, her senses were heightened compared to a mortal and she had so many other abilities.

The creature noticed the purple ripples of Alexa standing in the shadows and spun to face her. The sudden movement drove Alexa to fling the knife across the patio at the monster.

The knife hit the tree when the victim dodged. Alexa would have to work on her throw. "Zeus' underpants! I'm trying to help you! Why is it purple?" The creature had the snarky and outraged voice of a teenage girl.

"Who are you?" Alexa approached her with visible energy floating around her hands.

"Thalia Grace. Who are you? And have you ever heard of 'questions first, attack later'? 'Cause all I was trying to do was track and kill that wolf, but you just come in and-"

"Alexandra Barnes. Alexa. Are you a demigod?"

"What's it to you?" Thalia yanked the knife out of the tree and looked at it. "You grabbed this from the diner. Not even a proper weapon," she muttered and shook her head in disappointment.

"So you are then. Good to know. Are there more of you here I should be aware of?"

Thalia scowled. "I'm on a lone mission. You're powerful, Alexa. May I ask who your godly parent is?"

Alexa smiled. "I wouldn't say my mother is a goddess, exactly. Charlie!"

Her boyfriend walked up cautiously. "You seem like you'll be busy. I'll leave you to it, Lexi. Send me a message after, yeah?"

Thalia wrinkled her nose. "I don't like fluff. I'm taking you to Camp Half-Blood with me. Let's go."

The demigod began to walk to the road. Alexa stopped her by grabbing her elbow. One moment the pair was at the little diner in Mississippi, the next they were at the camp. Alexa had used Thalia's remembered location of the camp to get them there. Thalia stumbled slightly and shivered. Alexa's black leather jacket fluttered, revealing the collapsed spear strapped to her back.