Paul Blofis

Paul Blofis was well known by demigods, seeing as he was the husband of Sally Jackson, the mother of the one and only Percy Jackson. There wasn't any way for a demigod to not know Sally, Percy raved about her and Sally had essentially adopted the whole camp in some way or another. Annabeth knew Paul very well, they had become quite close when Percy and Annabeth got married. So it made sense that Paul's class would be offered the chance for a field trip to Olympian Design, Annabeth's company.

The grade 10 class was being chaperoned by Miss. Ellis Clarke, a high school social and business class teacher, and Paul, an English teacher. The 24 kids and two adults have already been shown through the public relations department (where one would find the press and representatives), the research department (where there were interns doing projects and researching locations), the outreach department (they were planning projects for poorer countries and relief aid), the resources department (where plausible materials were being considered and other resources were being managed), the building department (where architects and contractors were collaborating), the monument department (a speciality department), and the demigod technologies department (which employed many demigods and mortals alike who were trying to overcome the issues demigods faced with technology).

Now the group's tour guide was showing them a long hallway which led to a courtyard. The hallway was in between the rooms of two departments, making it a long hallway. The only entrance to the hall was a set of doors with action scenes and symbols carved into it in the back of the lobby. The hallway's walls were covered in pictures and stories and names and shelves with little tokens and trinkets. There was even the occasional weapon. It easily stretched half of the headquarters to the middle. The headquarters was a circular shaped building with open and modern designs, mixing seamlessly with Olympian-styled pillars and arches. There were five expansive floors, the top cantilevering off the fourth and holding mainly offices and conference rooms. The courtyard was a space open throughout the five floors and to the sky. There were statues and greenery all around the courtyard. The class was shown a greenhouse in the back of the courtyard. There were little plaques with names all over the pots and shelves and people going in and out at all times.

The tour guide brought them to the back left corner of the greenhouse and explained what it was. "This courtyard and greenhouse are memorials to fallen demigods. Whether that means they were killed during the Titan or Giant war, or during a quest, or by a monster at any point in time for any given reason, the demigod will have their name written somewhere in this courtyard. The greenhouse is dedicated to children of Demeter, satyrs, fauns and other nature based heroes. We passed the fountain coming in here. That's dedicated to aquatic heroes; cyclops, naiads, nereids, and so on."

The tour guide had walked over to the fountain with the class following. She moved again to a statue of a door with chains. "Now, this statue was made for part of the Seven's quest, we don't know much about this, but Nico di Angelo-Solace, Annabeth Chase-Jackson and Percy Jackson were the ones to go there. It also honours Damasen and Bob the titan, Iapetus."

The guide asked the kids what they thought the rows of altars were for, starting a few meters back from where they were standing and spanning the entirety of the wall of the courtyard. One girl raised her hand eagerly. "Altars to the gods?"

The guide nodded. "We have our non-binary deities in the middle, splitting up the goddesses, on the left, and the gods, on the right. You can figure out who each altar is for pretty easily for some of them, but others less so. Why don't you all take 15 minutes to explore before meeting back here so you can head to the next place? Please be respectful of those who have fallen."

The kids fanned out quickly and broke the peaceful silence of the courtyard. Paul and Ellis started strolling along the pathway together, keeping an eye on the kids and discussing work.