[Seventeen]

🐺

🐺

"For life and death are one,
As the river and sea are one."
-Khahil Gibran

🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Everything had happened so fast that no one really had time to process what was going on. It was suppose to be a search party for the pack, it wasn't suppose to end with one of the pack's elders deceased. Yet, all the pack members, excluding Jacob, Sam, and Bella, were over at Harry Clearwater's place.

"I'm sorry dad." Brenna mumbled with tear filled eyes as she hugged her father. She had been at school and then doing homework before receiving a call from Emily, who explained that Embry and the rest of the boys were heading to Harry's. 

"I love you, Bren." Charlie told his daughter as he pulled her into a hug. She hugged her dad back before walking over to Sue and giving her a hug and condolences.  After sue she headed over to the Clearwater kids, she didn't really ever hangout with them, with Leah being a bit older and Seth being younger.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you ever need anything." Brenna told Leah quietly. "I know we don't really know each other but harry and Charlie were always close." The younger girl spoke softly. She didn't want to come on to strong with everyone's emotions being everywhere.

"Thank you." the Clearwater girl muttered lowly. Her expression was like a stone, as if she didn't want anyone to know she was upset. Then Brenna remembered the story that Emily had told her and with the explanation of Embry she knew that Leah and Sam were previously engaged. Then the imprint bond came and ruined it, when Emily came into town for the wedding. Brenna knew that she didn't know how Leah felt, she knew that the girl must've felt betrayed and insecure for her fiancé to leave and get with her cousin.

"hey." A soft voice whispered behind Brenna as a warm hand touched her arm. Turning around, Embry stood behind his girlfriend as he nodded towards the backyard. Brenna followed the boy outside, not noticing how Leah Clearwater was watching them the entire time.

It wasn't that the girl wanted to be nosy, she was just unsure as to why Brenna was so friendly. Of course, Brenna knew harry and sue, however, she wasn't familiar with their kids because she was only ever around the adults when Harry and Charlie had plans. Also the fact that Leah was older than her, so she was rarely ever around when she was at the Clearwater house. As for Seth, he was a bit young but Brenna had been around him once or twice.  A part of Leah wanted to hate Brenna and be disgusted because she hung out with Sam's bunch, the other part just wanted to finally let the grudge go. Yet, she couldn't. Her heart wouldn't allow her too. The older girl did come to the conclusion that she wouldn't take anything out on Brenna all because she was dating Embry. So if she needed anything, she would definitely talk to someone who understood her family more than fake friends.