[Nine]

🐺

🐺

"One of the best moments in life,
is when you're falling for someone
you never thought you'd fall for."

🐺

Brenna's P.O.V

"No!" I exclaimed as I backed away from Maleah who was giving me a knowing look. I knew what she was doing and she was not playing this fairly. "I am not going to a party tonight!" I exclaimed again hoping that she would just leave me alone and not drag me to the party that she and Tyler were going too. In case you are confused, I will fill you in. Maleah heard about a party being thrown by one of her friends at the Reservation, well Maleah wanted to go and she offered Tyler to go and he was too scared to let her go by herself so he agreed and now they both want me to go.

"Come on, Brenna." Maleah sighed as she handed me the outfit she had chosen out of my closet. It was a really cute outfit consisting of a red crop top, a leather jacket, a pair of jeans and then a pair of boots. I loved it. but I didn't see the point in going tonight. "You'll be home alone until who knows how late anyway." Maleah stated knowing that she had a valid point for me to go to the stupid party that she was talking about.

It had been days since I was at Jake's with Bella and we had met his two best friends. Bella still continued to go over there every day but I had only gone that one day and then I was done with being treated like he was doing before Summer started. That is why I have vowed to myself to never get in between Jacob and Bella and just stay away from them when they are together. Of course, it sucked for me losing a friend but I am just so sick of coming in second that it didn't bother me to let Jacob go.

"Fine." I sighed finally giving in. Maybe this party would be fun and I could finally let loose and not have to worry about people comparing me to Bella. Also, best thing is that I seem to fit in with people on the Reservation better than I do the people at Forks. I know it's because my skin is more russet than pale, making me seem like a transfer student. "I don't know why I am doing this." I complained through my bathroom door as Maleah was probably retouching up her makeup by my vanity that was against the wall next to my pageant things.

I came out of the bathroom dressed in the outfit that Maleah had picked for me and messed with my dark curls to make them looser. I had a weird feeling about tonight but knew that I probably had nothing to worry about. After all, it was just a party at the reservation... what else could happen?

Maleah and I finished what we were doing then headed down to Tyler's truck, I had texted Charlie and told him that I was with some friends tonight and for him to not worry about me. I knew that he would probably worry anyway, but I just wanted to tell him where I was even though "So, uh, that Paul guy isn't going to be there.... Is he?" Tyler asked as he glanced to his girlfriend that was sitting in the front seat. I noticed how Maleah had tensed at the name of Paul, the guy she had slept with while dating Tyler.