[Twelve]

**

**

"Life is a matter of choices,
And every choice you make makes you."

**

Embry had texted Brenna multiple times and even tried to call the girl. When she didn't pick up, his wolf started to worry about his imprint and he decided to pay her a visit. He knew that he had to pick up Jared's truck anyway, and he wanted to make sure that she wasn't mad at him for having to leave early. When he made it to the swan household, Bella's truck was now home and so was Jared's. Meaning that Brenna had in fact, made it home. The boy jogged up to the front steps and knocked on the door.

To his dismay, Bella answered the door and gave the boy a slight glare. "Can I help you?" She asked awkwardly. It doesn't matter how she felt, she didn't have to guts to be rude to him to his face. "Actually, you know what, I don't know what happened between you two... but I really don't think Brenna wants to see you right now." Bella got the courage to slightly snap to Embry's face.

"I just want to talk to her." Embry told the vampire lover as he peaked behind her to see if Brenna was in there somewhere. "Brenna?" Embry slightly shouted in hopes the teen would hear him and come take Bella's place.

"Listen, I told you-" Bella started before Brenna called the girls name. Brenna stood at the top of the stairs and looked between Bella and Embry. Embry noticed how her face was slightly puffy and her eyes were red, almost like she had been crying. "Bella, leave him alone." Brenna groaned as she wasn't in the mood to deal with Bella. She was still trying to get over what she seen earlier.

Bella rolled her eyes before running up the stairs and slamming her bedroom door. Brenna rolled her eyes at her sister as she went and grabbed the truck keys off the kitchen table. "Here's your keys." Brenna mumbled as she handed them to Embry. "Drive safe." she added before trying to close the door. Embry stopped her as he looked a bit hurt.

"Bren," Embry started. Brenna felt a pain in her chest as she seen his face. He looked hurt and confused which made her want to forget what she had seen and go back to normal. "If you're mad at me about earlier, I'm sorry." He apologized softly as he took a step closer to her. Brenna stayed in her place as she looked up at him. "I would never leave you hanging like that." he added.

Brenna sighed as she put her hands in her hair. She tugged at the strands a bit before crossing her arms over her stomach. She felt insane for even assuming he turned into an animal, but she also knows what she saw. "I need you to be honest with me." She whispered as her anxiety started to build up. "What were you doing earlier today?"

Embry gave her a confused look as he took a final step to be closer to her. He reached out to touch her but she reached her hand up and shook her head. "What do you mean?" He asked confused. "Are you talking about the kiss? Because I'm sorry I didn't ask, Brenna. It was a spur of the moment thing."