[Twenty-One]

A/N:
I'm putting my authors note up here in this section just for this chapter. I wanted to address a few things with this chapter and the coming ones.
1.) I know wolves and vamps hate each other. Reminder that this is a fanfic, so I may not make Edward and Embry hate each other. Mainly cause their dating sisters, ya know.
2.) you'll understand how I change this scene in this chapter. But Eddie might inform Embry on some things happening.
3.) overall, just know that Brenna is a good person and she gives chances to people who are shit. Also Edward and Embry might have an understanding!

🐺🐺

🐺🐺

"It always rains the hardest
On the people who deserve sunshine."

🐺🐺

"Still ignoring Bella?" Brenna asked cautiously as Embry, Jacob, and Paul walked through the door. Jared, Quil, and Sam were going to take the evening shift.

Jacob's shoulders visibly tensed as the wolf avoided his best friends imprints gaze. "I don't have anything to say to her." he muttered.

Paul snorted as he sat down at the table and grabbed food that Emily had ready for them. She knew that the boys would be hungry before and after patrol, so she knew to have foods ready for the growing wolves. "Not according to your thoughts." Paul spoke up causing Jacob to glare at the hothead.

"Leave it." Jacob growled with his glare not easing up.

Everyone dropped the subject and sat down at the table. The awkward silence was suffocating for the imprint joined with the group. It was bringing back the feelings from meeting Embry's mother and she didn't like to be reminded. It still hurt her that she couldn't get along with her soulmates mom. That's all she wanted was to have a good relationship with the woman, that way Embry didn't have to try harder to make time for both.

"I should probably head home," Brenna started as she stood up from her chair and stretched a bit. "I have an exam in the morning." she honestly spoke up as she pulled her shirt down to cover her stomach. It had ridden up while she stretched.

Emily gave the girl a small smile before grabbing a bag off the counter, "I thought I heard you mention a test." She spoke softly as she handed out a big ziplock back to the girl. Inside was her blueberry muffins that the pack and everyone seemed to enjoy. "I made these this morning, I thought you may need breakfast in the morning. They always told us in school that you'll get better grades on exams if you're stomach isn't empty."

"Thank you." Brenna spoke sincerely as she walked over and gave the older girl a hug. She grabbed her muffins and told everyone else goodbye. Embry, of course, followed her to her car to ensure that she got there safely. "I'll text you when I get home."