Starry Night (~ Roger Taylor/Brian May)

Pairing involved: Maylor

                There wasn't a single noise to be heard outside, as a very quiet and peaceful night reigned upon the landscape. The only sound that could disturb this soothing silence was this light breeze blowing through the branches and the leaves of the trees nearby, echoing like a lullaby in a child's room. Dogs didn't bark that night, and all the wildlife down on earth seemed frozen, for not even the shadow of a cat wandered through the dark streets. Summer nights had never been this calm.

                From the top of an old house, two pairs of eyes were gazing at the starry sky that spread above them like an endless roof. Two young bodies were nestled against each other, keeping themselves warm, though the temperature was warmer than usual already. The first one was slender, and its flow of long and curly dark hair spread like a pillow around its head. The second one also was slim, but smaller at the same time; golden locks that appeared grey under the moonlight tickled its shoulders.

                Their names were Brian May and Roger Taylor.

                After a boring dinner spent at the house they rented in the countryside, Brian suggested they could go out or climb on the roof to simply look at the sky and enjoy the company of the stars. For once, Roger hadn't been picky about their activities; he knew that it would be the only thing to do that night.

                And here they were, laying down on the cold tiles, their hazel and blue eyes wandering across the heavenly vault.

                The soft voice of the taller man mixed with the breeze, for Brian being Brian, he lost himself in unremitting explanations about space, what stars were made of, what they became once they were dead, how, in fact, there were thirteen constellations in the Zodiac, and not twelve. Roger politely nodded every so often, although he had already stopped listening for a while. The only thing that actually mattered to him at this moment, was Brian's arm wrapped around his body, and how close they were to each other.

                Brian heaved a long dreamy sigh. "Everything's so fascinating!" he whispered, running his free hand on his forehead. He looked at the stars more attentively, trying to find a constellation he could show to Roger.

                After a few minutes, he found one and immediately pointed at it, the corners of his lips rising in an admiring grin. "Look, Roger! Right here! It's Cygnus, the Swan! Can you see it?"

                Roger followed Brian's fingertip, tracing the invisible lines of the constellation. The blonde shrugged and chuckled, pointing at another spot in the sky. "Look, Bri, it looks like a dick!"

                Brian slowly turned his head to him, an annoyed expression lingering on his face. "Roger… Really? You're ruining the beauty of the sky!"

                "Come on, Brian, it's true!" Roger replied. "Look around there, it even looks like a girl kneeling down before a guy!"

                "Roger, I expected this evening to be romantic and pleasant, because the sky simply is majestic, and you're ruining it all with your dicks and blowjobs!" Brian complained with a frown. "It's the very last time we're doing that, I tell you. Next time, I'll stargaze alone! Damn, it's impossible to be serious with you!"

                The blonde didn't reply anything. He was looking at the dark-haired man, a glimmer of pain in his shiny eyes. He pouted and turned his back to him, sighing. As soon as Brian heard Roger's sigh, he realised he hadn't been very nice to him, and immediately regretted it. He encircled his beloved boyfriend with his arms and held him close, planting soft kisses in his honey hair.

                "I'm sorry, my lovely Roger, I shouldn't have said that. You're not ruining it at all. I'm sorry I bored you with my scientific explanations, I know I can be a pain in the neck with astronomy. Show me what made you laugh, I'll look closely and I'll try to find funny things too. I'm so sorry I've been bossy with you."

                Roger closed his eyes and smiled widely. "Really?" he whispered, to which Brian nodded. The smaller man nestled against the taller one again, then pointed at the sky, showing him what he thought looked like a man's genitals. Brian screwed up his eyes and eventually saw the thing. The sound of their laughter echoed in the night, bringing life to the landscape.

                "Look over there, too," Roger added, "it looks like your guitar!"

                "You're quite right! Oh, there, right there, it looks like two bunnies shagging!"

                "Gosh, Brian! You're such a pervert!"

                "Said the guy who saw a dick and a girl giving head to a guy…" Brian laughed, poking Roger's ribs.

                "Shut up, Brimi! Find me a car!"

                "But don't make a speed of light out of this place, mmh?"

                Roger rolled his eyes and playfully shoved his elbows in Brian's side. They played with each other like that for a few seconds, then admiring each other, with all the tenderness of the world gathered in their eyes. Brian's hand let itself slip along Roger's mane, landing on his back afterwards. His fingertips drew invisible circles on the younger man's back, making the latter smile widely, yet shyly. Brian closed his eyes and leant in, pressing his dry lips against his, giving him one of the sweetest kisses that could ever be given.

                They pulled away after a while, sharing smiles and caresses, then turning to the sky once again, Roger's head resting on Brian's chest. Together, they found other absurd shapes in the sky, laughing at their weird imagination.

                Even though the constellations disappeared after midnight, the two lovers remained in the same position, still enjoying the sight. It was only two hours later, when drowsiness took hold of them both, that they climbed down their ladder to reach the porch. With their fingers entwined and their hearts beating at the same rhythm, they walked inside the house, locking the door. They went to the kitchen, for Brian was slightly thirsty. Once he drank his glass of water, he followed his boyfriend upstairs, to the bedroom.

                They both silently got undressed, letting their clothes slip to their ankles or dishevelling their already messy hair. Brian switched off the light and turned on the tiny lamp on the bedside table, pulling the sheets and slithering under them. Roger joined him and let him snuggle up to him, a grin of satisfaction ornamenting his peaceful face, underlining his already closed eyes.

                Soon enough, Brian's soft snores sounded in the room, whereas Roger was still awake. The latter's hand was buried in his boyfriend's silky curls, his fingertips slowly massaging his scalp. His blue eyes were stuck on Brian, unable to look away.

                This sight was Roger's favourite. He didn't need an entire sky to catch glimpse of shiny stars. He didn't care about Sirius, Polaris, or other stars he heard about so many times. He didn't want to look at all those stars that were impossible to reach.

                No, he didn't need an entire sky to watch stars. At this moment, he already had the shiniest one peacefully resting in his arms.