Christmas Morning (~ Peter Tork)

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! IT’S CHRISTMAS MORNING!”

I woke up at the feeling of a sudden weight jumping up and down on my knees. My eyelids blinked a few times as I released a long desperate sigh. I lifted my head a little, just to see a more than bright smile, and a mass of blonde hair bouncing around a childish face. Even though I was quite pissed off, I couldn’t help but grin a little.

Indeed, it was Christmas morning. I actually had forgotten about that, since our Christmas Eve was quite blurry: all I could remember was that I was drunk. Very drunk. I didn’t even recall me going to bed, and I didn’t know if our guests were all gone. Knowing Peter, he surely asked Mike, Micky and Davy to stay for the night, so they would enjoy Christmas with us two.

However, even though I considered our three friends like my brothers, I didn’t want to see them. For once, I wanted to spend some time alone with Peter. Since we moved in this house, I always met people I didn’t expect to be there in random rooms, or in our corridors. I was used to walk the way from our bathroom to our bedroom either naked or wearing a towel, but now, it simply was impossible for me to do that.

Especially since Mike saw me and slowly walked back to where he came from.

Peter kept jumping on my knees in such excitement I thought he was going to break my bones. I winced, and he immediately stopped. He was sitting on his heels, on top of my legs, with his two hands rested on me; with his childish smirk, he tilted his head on the side, and his perfectly shiny straight hair followed it, tickling his neck like a curtain would sometimes tickle the floor.

He looked exactly like a very joyful puppy. I tried to picture him with a tail moving in every direction, but a sudden headache took hold of me, causing me to wince again and let my head collapse on the soft pillow. Peter lay on top of me, joining his hands under his chin.

“Aren’t you happy to open your presents, Nili?”

“I will be happy if you get off of me, Peter Dork.”

“Come on, it’s Christmas!”

“Why don’t you wake Mike, Micky or Davy instead?” I grumbled as I closed my eyes, dying to drift off again.

“What? But they aren’t there, Nili. I didn’t want them around for Christmas. It’s just me and you today.”

My eyes opened all of a sudden, and I stared at Peter incredulously. He was gazing back at me in what seemed to be a dreamy way. The corners of his lips rose to form the most adorable and sincere smile I could ever been given at this moment.

He plopped next to me without lying down, reaching his hand at me, impatiently wanting to run downstairs at the foot of our tree. I unwillingly got rid of the pleasantly warm sheets, suddenly feeling cold air running on my legs. I shivered briefly and grabbed Peter’s hand, letting him drag me off bed. I didn’t put on my slippers, as I could read into his eyes he couldn’t wait for one more second.

We both ran down the stairs, though I felt like I barely touched the steps at all, as he was dragging me behind me with such a force I had the impression of flying. Many times I had to hold on to the guardrail, begging him to slow down.