Wright or Wrong? (~ Rick Wright)

“Ah, again with this!”

Rick sighed and rolled his eyes, nervously putting his hands on his hips. His tongue licked the inside of his cheek, as he tried not to get angry. Right in front of him, Rika had her arms crossed against her chest, while throwing him a death glare, her grey eyes sparkling with rage. She was tapping her feet, waiting for his reaction.

Rick and Rika had been dating for almost six years, and usually everything was getting well between them two. It was quite unusual for them to argue. Actually, when they were together, they were the most peaceful and joyful couple you could ever see; there was such an harmony between them that it was hard not to feel moved by the looks they would share. When they were together at home, they usually would listen to some records while cooking their favourite things together, telling some jokes and listening to each other's anecdotes about something that happened to them. Then, they would simply eat the food facing each other, smiling and disturbing the silence from time to time to compliment the other; what always fascinated them was the fact that the silences they shared never were awkward or embarrassing. In the morning, they would wake up snuggled against the other's warm skin, and would tenderly kiss: then, they would just stay in bed for a few hours, singing, laughing, playing with each other's hair or hands, or simply making sweet, sweet love.

However, this day was not one of those peaceful days they were used to share. Rika was mad at Rick, for she felt like he was putting her aside. Let's not forget that Rick was one of the talented members of the worldwide famous band Pink Floyd. It had been one week since he came back from a tour, and though Rika understood that he needed to rest, she felt like he was not taking care of her. He decided to sleep in a spare room and to eat in the kitchen. No more records playing in the living room, no more little jokes that would cause them fits of laughter, no more tender moments in bed in the morning.

Rika sighed loudly and pointed at Rick, frowning.

“You don't care about me anymore! We've been dating for six years, Richard! I can understand that after this long, you might get tired of some things, but in that case, why don't you just tell me? Since you came back, we haven't shared the same bed, not even once. We don't stay in bed late because of our small talks. HA! Mentioning talks: we barely talk to each other. It's even a miracle that you actually are standing before me to talk!”

“This tour has been exhausting, Rika! Can't you get it? I need rest! I need quiet moments, because it has been really moving! I've been physically and mentally tired all this time, and now, if I can't even have some time for me, well, what am I supposed to do?!”

“Why don't you just tell me when you want me to leave you alone?” she insisted, quite aggressively. “I'm not a fucking monster! Don't say that I wasn't nice to you when you came back, because I let you sleep all day without bothering you, I only brought you breakfast in bed or lunch or dinner when you were awake!”

“You're right on that point. But you're expecting too much from me, that's what I think!”

“What I expect from you is just a tiny bit of consideration. You haven't even told me about the tour! You haven't asked what I did during your absence, how I felt, if nice things happened while you were gone... Nothing! You don't even try to care!”

“Rika, you know I care!” he said, raising his voice a little, since she did not seem to listen to what he wanted to say. “It's just that I need some time to recover from all that!”

“Do you know what hurts the most about all that?”

“What? What? What?!

Rika stepped back, as he started to get quite angry. She frowned and looked down, crossing her arms as if she was hugging herself. She did not like it when Rick raised his voice. She was used to his kind and gentle voice, to the one that reassured her if she had a nightmare in the middle of the night, the one that would sing to her if she had troubles falling asleep, the one that would escape from his smiling lips to tell her she was beautiful. But now, it was just scary.