The Lesson (~ Brian May)

/!\ BEGINNING OF SMUT ALERT /!\

Milena put down the two hot cups of tea she was holding on the table, one for Brian and one for her. She sat back on her uncomfortable wooden chair, facing the two piles of paper she had to deal with. Many red lines crossed out detailed diagrams she had traced with her pencil.

When Milena signed up for basic lessons in Astronomy at college, she thought it would be quite easy, particularly if everything was basic. Unfortunately, she quickly found herself quite lost in all this. She complained about it during a party at a friend's, and that was when she met Brian. He was fond of Astronomy and accepted to teach her a few things and answer her questions if it could help her improve her level, whereas they hardly knew each other.

During the lessons Brian gave her, he would explain her a few facts about stars, planets, and space itself. Then, he would give her a few exercises he made up at home: he corrected her like a teacher would, and then, he would see with her what was wrong with her answers. It always was a relief to know that Brian would come, as the more she went to her college lessons, the more she would be lost. Even though she did not get everything Brian said, he knew how to make things more simple.

This afternoon, Brian prepared her more exercises about planets, for Milena had huge troubles remembering what they were made of, for instance. He had put a small pile of exercises before her, next to the ones she already did.

“Come on, Milie” he smiled, using the nickname he found her, “I know you can do it.”

“Let's give it a try.”

“First, I'm going to ask you a few questions before you start those tiny tests, okay? Easy one: which planet is the biggest?”

“Jupiter.”

“Good! Next one: which planet is the closest to the sun?”

“Mars?”

“No. Try again.”

“Mercury?”

“Yeah!” Brian smiled, clapping his hands lightly. He always cheered when she gave right answers, wanting to motivate her and show her she could do it. He cleared his throat and sipped at his tea. “What planets are made of gas?”

“Uh... Neptune, Jupiter, Saturn... and Uranus?”

“Mmh, yeah, but my anus isn't made of gas. It releases gas from time to time, otherwise...”

Milena burst out laughing and playfully hit him in the arm. Brian chuckled and shook his head, putting down his cup.

“Otherwise, yes, your answers are right. See? You can do it.”

“Ask me other ones.”

“Okay. What is the order of the planets in our solar system?”

She blenched and her fingers started to play nervously with a pen that was near her on the table. She clicked it on the pile of paper many times; damn, it was the question she could never answer. She looked up as she tried to remember the order.

“Mercury... Earth?”

“No.”

“Mercury... Venus... Mars...”

“Nope.”

“I can't do it, Brimi. I can never get it right, this is like a fucking riddle!”

“Okay, I'm going to give you an easy way to remember the order, okay? Take your pen and a piece of paper.”

Milena nodded and did what he told her. She pinned a sheet of paper against the table with her hand and clicked her pen so the lead would be out. She got ready to write and stared at Brian, eager to eventually discover this miracle.