Chapter 24

Time to go to the living room. I'm not sure how many people to expect, but I guess it will be okay, right?

I've never got the chance today to change out of my old clothes, so I decide to speed walk back to my room before anyone could stop me and get in my way.

I lock the door behind me and walk over to my dresser, picking out a random dark purple sweater with black sweatpants and I begin to strip. Not even 5 seconds after I take my shirt off I hear a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I groan, but am left with no reply. I quickly finish changing and go to my door, opening it to find nobody. "So much for coming to do door if you didn't even want anything..?"

I then hear a harsh bang on my window, which is on the second floor and is about 20 feet from the ground. I open my window, taking a peek out to find, once again, nothing.

"Okay, I'm not doing this stupid shit tonight. Ben, is that you?" I shout from out that window, only to be hit square in the forehead by a pebble.

Really? A fucking pebble?

"You better hide yourself, I'm coming down and beating your ass!" I groan in frustration as I rub my head where the pebble hit. I close and lock my window, running out of my room and down the stairs.

I look around to the living room and kitchen, seeing that they're all abandoned. Weird, I thought we were meeting here.

Then I turned, seeing the door wide open.

"What is this, a horror movie?" I whisper, trembling softly as the cold outside air hits my face. I step to the kitchen, rummaging through the 'junk drawers' until I find an old flashlight, and luckily it still works.

I turn it on and peek out the door, seeing nothing but trees and darkness. I shake my head, getting impatient.

"This isn't funny anymore, come out guys" I roll my eyes, stepping completely outside and shining around everywhere. I walk farther into the forest.

I hear a russle come from the side of the house, and my body turns around in an instant. 

"Ok, this is my queue to get the fuck back inside" I mumble to myself, quietly slipping back over to the house and inside.

I lock the door behind me, and turn around to see, once again, nobody. It must have been them fucking with me then, right?

I rush upstairs, walking down the long hallways till I get to Bens room. I knock a few times and walk in without waiting, giving him a harsh glare.

"Woah woah, what happened? Why are you coming in here all angry?" He scoots back on his bed, a bit shocked by the sudden intrusion. I walk over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling him over to the window.

"I thought we were supposed to meeting up in the living room for something, but I was rudely interrupted by a knock on my door, a knock on my window, and a rock to the forehead, where were you guys?" My grip on his arm tightens ever so slightly.

"H-hey calm down for a second, everyone is in their rooms getting in pajamas and stuff, no one has came out yet.." He says shakily, and he seems to be telling the truth.

"The door was wide open when I went downstairs, and I heard something moving on the side of the house" I say as Ben tilts his head to the side in a confused manner.

"I don't know anything about that, I've been up here, so it couldn't have been me. Do you want to go downstairs and wait for the others?" He ask me, and I just sigh and nod.

We walk out of his room and go downstairs, some people following us down. Not only do I see Jeff, the person who I expected not to come..

I also see Nina.

I quickly take the seat next to Jeff before Nina can, earning a tiny growl from her. "Hey Jeff, were you outside earlier?" I whisper over to him.

"No, why?" He leans his head back on the couch. "I heard somethings out there, and apparently none of them were out there, but I know that something was here" I say, gripping onto his jacket sleeve casually.

"I'm not sure what it could be, maybe it was just an animal or something? Just hope it was" I sigh, closing my eyes and leaning onto his shoulder. A huge weight comes down beside me, causing me to bounce on the couch.

"Hey, look who it is" I smile over at the tired brunette. "Hey Y/N" Toby says quietly, rubbing his eyes and letting out a tiny yawn.

I smile at him, closing my eyes and getting comfortable on the couch, putting my head in Jeff's lap and feet on Toby's. Now if that didn't catch Jeff's attention, what will?

"I'll get snacks for everyone and then we will start family fun night!" Ben cheers, rushing to the kitchen to grab mountains of food.

Family fun night, now that's made you smile inside.

After a while of waiting and chatting with Jeff and Toby, Ben finally came back with the snacks and an extra game controller.

"Alright, I got the snacks and stuff! Who wants to play a fighting game with me?" Ben ask, and I immediately raise my hand.

"Be prepared to lose, fighting is my middle name" I chuckle, and Toby leans over to my ear. "N-nina knows that all too well" He jokes, and my laugh is not appreciated by Nina.

I walk over to Ben, sitting next to him and taking a controller. We start the match, and his character gets me down to half the bar in no time.

"Dude, is your character on steroids? Stop button smashing!" I groan, starting to button smash myself once I get too low on health. My side begins to look up after that, and I beat Ben in a round.

"You got lucky!" He complains, continuing to use the same attack and button smash. "You're only repeating because you know you'll lose if you try something new" I chirp.

Jeff sits boredly on the couch, while Toby blindly supports me with cheers and claps. This annoys Jeff to the core, since when have you two gotten so close.

After beating Ben in a few more battles, you guys decide it would be best to let it rest, so you move on to the next activity.

This was only the beginning of this night.

Hey guys, back again with another 5 am update. Hope you enjoy, sorry it was a bit rushed. Goodnight Waffle Children, and peace.