Chapter 25

"Family fun night is definitely a success!" Toby grins, giving me multiple high fives while Ben weeps on the floor below us.

"Bullshit, Y/N! You probably were using your power to help guarantee your wins beforehand!" Ben shots, shaking his head and refusing to accept his defeats.

"Ben, you know I don't know how to do that yet. Plus, I already told you how great I was.. You probably should have listened" I tease, knowing all too well that the only reason I won was because I followed his moves and added to it. I look around the room, spotting Jeff leaving.

But not alone?

I saw familiar black and purple hair sway beside him, basically clinging to his side. This causes me to raise an eyebrow, but I soon shrug it off and stick with Toby and Ben.

Not like she's brave enough to make a move knowing I'm awake. They're probably just going to get the drinks.

"Okay, now that we're all done with the videogames and shit.. Who wants to dance?" LJ shouts from across the room. Multiple people agree, and Ben quickly stops his crying to turn on some music and connect it to his speaker.

"H-Hey Y/N, come dance with me!" Toby grins, taking me by the hands before I can respond. He twirls me around with a smile, while Ben claps and cheers us on.

He's not the only one cheering us on.

"Hmm, we didn't even leave for five minutes and your girlfriend is already up on someone else.." Nina hums, obviously up to something, as you can hear it in her tone.

"I wouldn't worry about it. I know Y/N wouldn't do anything-" Jeff starts, but quiets down as he watches Toby spin Y/N around and lightly grab her by the waist.

"I wouldn't bother even going over there, Jeffery. How about you stay with me?" Nina smiles, resting her hand over Jeff's and bringing up his bottle to his lips.

Jeff says nothing, slightly nodding his head and taking the drink. He walks with her to the couch, taking a seat closer to her.

After an hour or so of dancing, I decide it would be best to take a small break. Toby offers to get us drinks, so I ask for a simple water while he grabs a 5% bottle. I know I'll take a few drinks of his, but I ask for my own anyways.

Jeff's eyes flicker from Nina over at us multiple times, but I only catch it once. Nina shakes her head, using her fingertip to move Jeff's chin to look at her.

"Jeffery, what did I say? You know she's just trying to mess with that pretty little head of yours" She frowns, mischief clouding over her eyes. She finishes with her bottle, taking Jeff's hand in hers to hold it in both of their hands. "How about another good old party game?"

"What'd I hear?" Bens head perks up, speed walking over to Nina and snatching the bottle from her hands. "Great idea! What's a party without a few games like spin the bottle?" Ben grins, nudging everyone over to form a circle.

"Do you think we should join? I probably won't unless Jeff is playing" I shrug, looking over at Toby who is twirling his cup and tipping the remains of his drink around.

"Oh yeah, couldn't hurt to play" Toby shrugs his shoulders as well, standing and switching his cup to the other hand to take mine in his own.

We make our way into the circle, almost completely across from Jeff and Nina. Jeff's glare is obvious, yet I avoid it. What could possibly be wrong? We're all having fun, right?

Ben places the bottle on the floor, looking around the circle and waiting for eyes to look back. Once he has the attention, he spins. It slows eventually, barely making it past Jane and onto EJ.

Everyone let's out a chuckle, while Bens face goes pale. "Seriously? This bottle is totally rigged! Oh well, come here!" Ben sighs, scooting across to EJ using his knees. He places a kiss over his mask, mumbling something under his breath and shuffling back to his spot. EJ grabs the bottle, spinning it once more.

The game goes on for about 20 minutes until Janes turn, who lands on Toby. She hands him the bottle afterwards, which he takes shakily. He spins it, wiping the black lipstick from his lips as he waits for the bottle to slow.

It slows all right.. And not on the best person.

He looks over at me, blush evidently spreading across his face. My mouth opens to speak, but I close it immediately and look over to Jeff, who was obviously flaming. Nina leans close, whispering something in his ear quickly.

"Go ahead Y/N, kiss him. I know how much you've been longing for him anyways" Jeff snarls, shaking his head. My eyes narrow, scoffing and crossing my arms.

"Okay, first of all.. What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask, tilting my head to the side a bit in offense. "Second of all, where did all of this come from? You might need to stop drinking" I run my fingers through my hair, looking at the empty bottles by his side of the couch.

"Don't play fucking dumb with me, princess" His voice raises, which makes me scoot back a bit in embarrassment. "How much time you've been spending with Toby alone.. It's like I'm out of the picture almost completely, and its pissing me off"

I can't believe this motherfucker is making a scene all because he's jealous of my best friend.

"Jeff, are you fucking serious? You know she's my best friend, and that she always make time for you. Why do you have to do this here of all places and ruin our time?" Toby chimes in, but is immediately shut down when a glass bottle breaks at his side.

"I wasn't asking you, Toby. I was talking to my girlfriend. The key word is my. I'm supposed to be the only one for you" Jeff says after launching the bottle, looking into my eyes with furrowed brows. Nina slides her hand up his thigh, taking his hand in hers with a tiny frown.

"Jeff, don't you see now? I told you she was no good for you" She whispers, but loud enough to where I can hear her.

"Nina, I don't remember this being any of your business either. We were talking one on one, remember?" I ask, biting my lip harshly as I study her faked expression.

"Don't speak to her that way, Y/N. She's helped me through this whole night while you were fucking around with your boy toy" Jeff crosses his arms, leaning back and letting Nina scoot closer.

My mouth opens, but nothing comes out besides a tiny laugh in disbelief. I shake my head, breaking my gaze from them.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? You are defending her just like you told Toby not to, taking her side, and throwing a bitch fit for what?" I ask, cracking my knuckles in my lap as I glance over again quickly. "It just.. How are you going to believe her over me?"

"Go ahead, Y/N. You've done enough tonight, so you might as well kiss him already" Nina rest her head on his shoulder, wrapping her leg around his and stroking his hand with her thumb. 

I gulp, using every ounce of strength in me to hold myself back from her. The alcohol is getting to all of us by now. Tears well in my eyes, but I don't allow them the pleasure of seeing them drop. I suck it up, nodding my head with a tiny laugh and turning to Toby.

"You know what? Fuck you guys. You can stick with your other girlfriend since she obviously matters more, Jeffery. Toby's a better friend than you've ever been" I say shakily, taking Toby's face into my hands.

And then we lean in.

END OF CHAPTER. Hello everyone, bet you weren't expecting to see me, were you? I know I come out of the shadows like 3 times a year to update this story now, but I've been really busy and working on myself. I've also been working on chapters of an Obey Me Angst book, which I'm wondering if I should release? Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter. How do I usually end my chapters again? Goodnight Waffle Children, and peace!